LOCH GARTEN - August 2022 to end of season

July 2022 thread

Our Osprey family

"Axel", Blue AX6(16) male (yes he does have strong chest markings), a single chick (possibly from 3 eggs) hatched Glen Affric, near Beauly, seen Lossiemouth 2020, then at LG in 2021

"Asha"- Female - Unringed - partnered Axel in 2021.

Axel & Asha (as "Mistle") fled the nest May 2021 due to unknown intruders.

HATCH #1 - 11 June @ 05:30

HATCH #2 - 13 June @ 04:11 (first sighting)

AT RINGING - Quote RSPB Abernethy Facebook "The male BLUE 1C2 is thought to be the older one at 1.5kgs with the female BLUE 1C1 being the younger one at 1.5kgs."

RSPB Video Channel - Osprey, Goshawk, Barn Owls: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl8QdQ9ZaBT65tF1yOmbMBQ

All pictures & videos ©RSPB LochGarten & WildlifeWindows 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IMAGICAT

• @SheilaFE. I only remember him taking the tail end.
  • D A P said:
    Name change from TREVOR to DUSTY

Noted!  But look who the system now says you are Grin

D A P said:

AX6 on the nest 8.36am

It didn't used to call you D A P in quote box

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On 16 August:

scylla said:
    Of course one mustn't jump the gun - which means I'm going to, because I want/need to trigger a "how wrong can you be?" event:

Thank you for the video, BART!  No-one can deny it Rofl

Some loving snaps - despite what he's put us thru!

IMAGICAT

• Oh I dunno anymore, maybe they have all been on the nest that was used last year by the then Mistle and Axel!!?? Maybe they are still here and keeping out the way, and keeping us all guessing, who knows, we will never know. Good to see Axel even although the visit was brief.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• scylla said:

D A P said:
    Name change from TREVOR to DUSTY

Noted!  But look who the system now says you are

D A P said:

AX6 on the nest 8.36am

It didn't used to call you D A P in quote box

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On 16 August:

scylla said:
    Of course one mustn't jump the gun - which means I'm going to, because I want/need to trigger a "how wrong can you be?" event:

Thank you for the video, BART!  No-one can deny it

Some loving snaps - despite what he's put us thru!

I can't find anything amiss at this end

• SheilaFE said:
    Thursday 18 August we last saw 1C2, when he appeared three times:  06.06 to 06.15;   08.55  to 09.05  and   09.10 to 09.11
    SheilaFE said:
    Can anyone please confirm my dates and times, please?

My last sighting of 1C2 = 18 August 09:11, as you say https://youtu.be/PxU-qz9dmCk?t=230

Axel started his big break after delivering fish @ 06:35 on 15 August ~ youtu.be/dRn41I4IqEc

Asha?  As you know, I had a mishap with files that day :(((

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last evening, a little bird on the perch, I have tried to dampen the wind and amplify the tweets, it's worked to a small extent:

No-one else seen before nightfall.

IMAGICAT

• My faith in Axel has been justified. He has been the last of our trio seen. Asha saw her juvenile well free of the nest, so her duties are over for the season. 1C2 is now determining his own destiny and I wish him well and fair winds for his migration. All in all, Not too bad a season at all.

Smiles, Jan.

• Morning all
    At 7.34 am There was a crested Tit and a Great Tit
  • D A P said:
    At 7.34 am There was a crested Tit and a Great Tit

I saw them - and a GSW, who tried to demolish the cam area Smile It's taken me all this time to do the video Astonished 

EDIT - Better make an effort for the Crestie, but I've put the editor's "smoother" on full to try to reduce graininess...

IMAGICAT

• This system is so weird!  When I was in RF and I quoted Dusty's post it said "Dusty said"... but after I've posted it says "D A P said".

IMAGICAT

• Mega buffering - and on Goshawk cam.

IMAGICAT