Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 3 July 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a healthy, safe, and joyful week!

I had a pack of coyotes on my patch today--very close to the house. I think they appeared because a mother raccoon was relocating her babies from one nest to a new one. They have reached "fledgling" age (to use a bird term). The sow raccoon birthed her babies late this year. Normally, the young would be older by this time.

All of the wildlife are in a quandary because it's the July 4th holiday weekend, and everyone is shooting off fireworks. 

Take care, all.

• LINDA  - LOLOL but I'm not sure I like the speed I am going!

Dau has planned events for Trio in school holidays, all free & where she can remain seated. Bike riding at children's road safety place & library scavenger hunt.

• Good morning. It’s dull and drizzly here. It would be nice to see a bit more sunshine. However, I would not want the temperatures poor Diane is experiencing. How horrid. I think humidity makes it feel so much worse. I hope it cools down for you soon.
    On the other hand, I guess AQ would like it to warm up a bit.
    Lindy - I hope you have a good trip south and that you have a lovely time with the family.
    My day is earmarked for doing odd jobs. A visit to the chemists, some cleaning and, if it dries up, a bit of pottering in the garden.
  • I just lost my post because I'm in a hurry...
    Granddaughter Amy is 21 today, we're having a family BBQ.
    AQ has been very busy -
    Brother has had further surgery to repair damage from first op.
    I'll be back at some point - take care, all.
  • Oh Diane, maybe a new air conditioner (even a room one) should be a consideration. We pretty much have the same weather as you but I have an air conditioner, We had high winds of 70 mph last night and some rain but we are still below our quota of rain. I HATE the humidity as I get older!!
    I hope Annette's family gets the in-home care soon. I had hospice in-home for my OH and I never regretted that choice. Set it all up in the living room where he could be a part of "the goings-on" .Someone always stopping in and chatting with him, so much easier for everyone than having to travel to visit.
    Hope everyone who is suffering an illness or injury is on the mend.
  • We arrived alright, after a fairly good journey. Not too much on the roads, once we got away from the motorway. We ambled down the "A" roads and found a nice place to have a break for lunch (had our own sandwiches, and then a coffee inside).

Amber excited to see us. We are going to help her get to school in the morning, then her parents are off to a day at Wimbledon! Then we can have the day to ourselves.

Hope everyone is as well as they can be.. ....
  • Morning all: Have read all posts but again please excuse lack of responses.

Yesterday was busy. We arrived to see sister and were told she was being moved to the facility nearer the home today, which was a huge relief to her OH and daughter. Then, right after the visit, niece and I were on a way to the shops when she got a text from her Dad saying that her mom was now coming home today and that a full care package had been magically set up. Relief at the original news re the new facility was now met with some consternation by my niece as she had been planning to return to her own home after the weekend and then come up her to visit her mom twice a week and maybe stay overnight, alternating visits with her brother who also lives near Milton Keynes. She has been wonderful over the various very difficult periods of her Mom's illness and really deserve and needs an extended rest. The day her Mom was hospitalized just this last time, she turned down a very well-paid short-term job with her former university employer for the summer (which she really wanted and needed; she was made redundant in early 2021) and she was hoping to pick up more work. She was so frustrated we stopped at a pub down the road from their house where I bought her a glass of wine. My brother-in-law also seems a bit anxious at the sudden turnaround as he too was beginning to think that the nearby facility was the better solution. My sister. however, has been insisting on coming home all along but apparently she too is worried about whether it will work or not. Her typical M.O. is to try to prove that she can do more than she actually can, which left her with a broken arm a couple of years ago when she fell in the kitchen. So lots of uncertainty all round and I'm going to try to talk to BiL about a Plan B.

Meanwhile, I'd made a reservation to fly home next Tuesday as we recognized that this situation could go on for weeks or months. I'm going to stick to that plan as I really need to take care of things back there. But I really hate to leave my niece and BiL in this situation.

I told my OH on the phone last night that he and I are going to have some serious and specific discussions about how we want to proceed if we find ourselves in this predicament.

Anyway, I'm sure there'll be more developments....
  • HE'S RESIGNING!  YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Annette - Thank you for the update. You are all certainly going through the mill at the moment. I do hope things work out for all of you over here. And once you get home, more planning and sorting. Strengthening thoughts and prayers flying in your direction.
  • OMG! He is going. Someone likened him to Rasputin the other night - constantly being shot, stabbed and going on and on. My family is pleased, which may be the understatement of the year. Now we're listening to all the wannabees spinning their angles... At least he hasn't incited an attack on Parliament like some other leaders of late....

PatO: Thank you. I do appreciate all the kind thoughts.
  • CLARE: So nice to see you!!! I've missed you. Best wishes!