Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 12 June 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON! 

Please check back to last week's thread to view another installment of Lindy's descriptions and mesmerizing photos of her recent cruise. I've enjoyed them so much.

This week, the moon turns full on Tuesday, 14 June. It's the second of four consecutive supermoons, when the full moon of the month occurs as the moon is at or near perigee (its closest point to the Earth in its monthly orbit). If your skies are cloudy, you can watch the full moon rise online. Info is HERE at Space.com, a safe site.

I expect to have a lazy week myself, because Indiana will be part of the massive, record-breaking heat wave that's predicted to hit much of the U.S. My temperatures will be around 100F or 38C for several days, with high humidity. 

Take care, everyone. 

• Lindy - I haven’t watched the new format of the news yet what with the holiday and then getting myself sorted. I will report back when I have eventually seen it!!! I loved the photo of Bonnie.
    Harelady - I hope the exercises do help your dizziness. Those crystal things were one of the possibilities suggested when I had a bout of vertigo several years ago. Eventually the ENT consultant suggested I give up caffeine. Well, touch wood, it has worked. I have to admit that I used to drink large amounts of sting filter coffee before. Now I have the occasional decaf coffee. Not the same but worth the sacrifice I think. I couldn’t get into decaf tea so drink the regular stuff and seem to be OK with that.
    Big news!!! I have decided to catch the bus into town this morning. The first time since covid.
  • HEATHER: I hope you feel more positive soon. Sending your daughter strength to kick the COVID quickly, and sending you strength not to catch it. Take care of yourself.
  • Good Morning. Dry here and it's trying to brighten up. Not as warm, of course.

Rusty, that's interesting about the coffee. I had the crystal in the ear thing, and the exercises worked for me. I don't drink coffee anyway, but actively try to limit my tea intake!

I hope Heather is feeling better. Where is Annette?
  • Forgot my quotes for today:

At my age, I don't even buy green bananas. Congressman Claude Pepper, at aged 87.

The best way to grow old is not to be in a hurry about it.

At my age, I don't even buy green bananas. Congressman Claude Pepper, at aged 87.

• Apparently, I'm in triplicate today!!!
  • Ah well, Lindy. At my age, if I read your quotes 3 times, I have a better chance of remembering them!!!!!!!
  • News update !!!! The bus was fine this morning. All the windows were open so it was very well ventilated. No one was wearing masks! To my relief, my bus pass still worked!!! Coming back, my neighbour was at the stop, so we travelled together and had a good old chat.
  • That's good, RUSTY !
    I'm glad that you enjoyed your strawberries the other day.
    HARELADY - Thinking about you as the anniversary approaches x
    LINDY - It's a pity that you may not be getting the hot weather, where you are, this weekend.

Thanks to all for good thoughts -
    Yes, hoping that ANNETTE is OK, also OG. Has anyone heard from.ROSY lately ?