WEEKLY CHAT (Non-Osprey) SUNDAY, MAY 28 2022

Couldn't even get on the site earlier!  So slow.

Anyway, have a good week all!

• RUSTY – Last week I took the bus into city to get books for twins from very good bookstore with large children’s collection & helpful advice. Masks are still compulsory on public transport. Of the passengers, 1/3 wore masks correctly, 1/3 wore them under chin, 1/3 had none.

Not the most tactful move DownUnder in HM’s Jubilee week. Our new leader has appointed a minister for the republic! Whether he has majority of 1 or 2 remains to be seen as final counting continues, “too close to call”.

In 2002 I was self-driving through UK. I spent that Jubilee in Scotland, unaware it was a 4-day weekend. Of course my travel agent had no idea of UK holidays & thus had not advised. I drove into Fort William, drove up & down & around, trying every B&B with a vacancy sign (very few). Those with vacancies only had doubles. If I’d had my wits about me, I should have paid for a double and then spent those wasted hours actually seeing the sights rather than That Road. Finally a lovely B&B advised checking the local TI, where for an extra fee of £3, I was sent on to Onich to a very comfortable & friendly guest house overlooking the loch. I learnt my lesson - better to pay extra £s and not miss the sightseeing.

• Good morning all from an absent poster but an avid daily reader.

I do hope Lindy has had a great time and its good to see OG and family are enjoying some quality time together. To everyone else, thanks for your posts and  I hope you all have an enjoyable Jubilee Weekend.

Yet again I have had health issues - this time a "funny turn" at work where I felt something go ping in my head. I was very dizzy afterwards and they wanted to call an ambulence but it was passing off so I said I would see the doctor. My boss called his wife and she followed us as he drove me and my car home.

The doctor asked me to come straight to the surgery where he put me through a series of neurological tests as he initial though I had had a TIA but I passed all the tests. The big problem was my Blood Pressure, which was way too high, but that does happen from time to time. He also did an ECG which he said was fine. I had a horrid time last weekend with almost all day dizziness on Sunday so back to docs on Monday and he said my bp was still too high so he doubled my prescription to 5mg and wants me to wear a 24 hour ecg monitor. He asked me to go back that evening for an Epley manoeuvre test, which was supposed to trigger the dizziness - 2 doctors and a student in the room - but nothing really happened. I have exercises to do at home and tablets for the dizzziness.

Oh well I'm still here and now off for 4 days and have Luna and her Dad coming for 2 of them so looking forward to that.

Our weather is bright at the moment but I think rain may appear from time to time. We have lots of events planned here in Leiston and Aldeburgh. I will go up to Sizewell beach to try and catch sight of the flypast.

Have a good time all and those in the UK enjoy the 4 day weekend.

• HARELADY - So sorry about your funny turn. That doesn’t sound good. I hope the new tablets help and that you continue to improve. It must have been worrying.
    AQ - Mmmm. A minister for the republic? Something he is entitled to do I suppose but perhaps not this weekend. I hope no one tells HM yet. Our morning TV is full of all the preparations for the Trooping of the colour this morning and the balcony appearance later.
    Nothing special happening in my street. I have had an invitation to a picnic at the other side of town but I am going to stay at home!
  • RUSTY - Lots of excitement here. Adelaide's Govt House has images of HM projected on to its facade at night. We have been getting all the news from UpOver, interviews from the Mall & tonight Trooping Of Colours is on our TV.
  • We had our Jubilee celebrations yesterday. A very nice buffet lunch, Pimm's and Union Jack hats. Disappointed there was no Platinum Pudding ... but it was a good event. There are all sorts of parties going on in town on Sunday, and we are planning a church picnic at one of the events ... however, the weather is forecast to be thunder and lightning, and if that happens I will be staying at home! I would like to hear the town band, in which several people I know will be playing, and the choir, where several people I know will be singing. But I don't want to get soaked!

Can't believe the insensitivity of Australia's new leader. Could he not have delayed his announcement for a week or two?

Watching Trooping the Colour. Does any country do ceremony better than the Brits? I don't think so! So lovely to see the royal children enjoying it all. And hoping for a glimpse of The Queen later.
  • HARELADY - an unpleasant experience for you. I hope that it will be sorted out and you will be,able to relax and enjoy the family visit.
    I've been watching Trooping the Colour this morning. I could have recorded it and gone out to the garden as it's a lovely day. But I didn't !

• Morning all:  Does anyone really care about Amber Heard and Johnny Depp?? Did we all wake up this morning consumed by the jury's decision?  No.  In spite of that, a newscaster claimed the verdict has 'caught the attention of the whole world'.  Well no dear, most of the world has much more important things to think about.  Now go away.  Meanwhile, I must confess to keeping an eye on Jubilee coverage.......  :-)  

Harelady:  'Ping' in your head?  I've heard of 'zing went the strings of my heart' but....    Sounds like your doc is on top of things though.   Nice that your boss and wife took care of you. Have fun with Luna and Dad.

AQ; Gosh, my first reaction re your new guy was 'typical Labor move' and yes, seriously poor timing.

• Very late to bed last night. It was long after midnight, as I waited up to see HM appear on balcony. Only the Brits can put on a show for millions.
  • AQ - I was thinking when I watched the fly past, that we Brits do that sort of thing well. Seems it tired HM though as she can’t make it to the service today which is a shame.
    Another quiet day for me today with some housework. I did have an unexpected visitor yesterday - a neighbour who was walking past called in for a cuppa and chat. That was nice.
    The overnight rain has perked up my lawn.
    Is it today that LINDY gets back from her cruise? Hasn’t it gone quickly?
  • NOTE - I have just looked at the misty webcam of Liverpool and there is a cruise ship in. Not sure if it is Lindy’s though.