Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 1 May 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH and HAPPY MAY DAY! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and a glorious spring!!!

Apologies for starting the thread a little early. We have big 'ol thunderstorms moving in, possibly severe, and I'm shutting down my computer for the night. I'm going to wash and cut my hair and do a little quiet meditation and planning for the month of May.

Today was a rare "Black Moon," the second new moon in a single month. A partial solar eclipse is just now ending, but it was not visible in the UK or the US. 

Take care, all. 

• LINDY - we drove past the Oystercatcher last week when we were looking for somewhere for lunch. Wish I had had your recommendation then. Actually, we found a very nice little cafe in Rhosneigor where we had rather excellent cakes!!!!
  • Such a coincidence, Rusty!! And so near, timewise! We had noticed the Oystercatcher before, but didn't have the time to call in then. As they welcome dogs on the ground floor, we might try to have a lunch amongst the sand dunes at the back next time! (It's more of a cafe on the ground floor with pizzas etc, but more of a restaurant upstairs)

Another try at my picture of the colourful plant:

• RUSTY – Ask, you may. But nothing new. Everyone says “where there is one, there are more” and we have been waiting just in case. Since Monday no activity heard & traps still set. Yesterday I had flu injection, last night I slept fairly well for the first time for 10 days, this morn massive food shop (too many lazy meals in last week) & Friday car booked for service & new tyres. So tomorrow, Thursday, I have all day free to clear last of pots & pans, etc, wash them, clean cupboards (8 doors worth, 2 shelves) <sigh> I expect OH will help by getting in the way and doing Step 2 before Step 1.

Tomorrow is our 49th wedding anniversary; to celebrate after an exhausting day I plan a takeaway lasagne. The choc cream pie, deferred from b-day, is deferred again. On a happier note, I have arranged to lunch with Chauffeur Friend on Friday while car in for service since they estimated it would take 4 hours. I’ll also visit nearby library for my book addiction.

Yeay, an egg!

• Good Morning. Dull and damp here. Packing up for home again.

Have a good day, All (and good luck to the LG pair with their much looked forward to egg!)
  • Crossed posts with you, AQ -- good luck with the Mouse Hunt! and the cleaning.
  • Enjoy your anniversary ( and the lasagne!), AQ. I do hope that there will be no more mice...
    Everyone - I've enjoyed reading your news, and thank you to LINDY for the pics.
    There really isn't any news from here, I lead a very quiet life :-)
  • AQ - enjoy your anniversary and the meal and fingers crossed re the mice.
    LINDY - hope you are home safely.
    I am feeling tired but very pleased. I have played an18 hole golf competition for the first time since my breast cancer operation and radiotherapy. I managed a respectable score too!!