Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 1 May 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH and HAPPY MAY DAY! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and a glorious spring!!!

Apologies for starting the thread a little early. We have big 'ol thunderstorms moving in, possibly severe, and I'm shutting down my computer for the night. I'm going to wash and cut my hair and do a little quiet meditation and planning for the month of May.

Today was a rare "Black Moon," the second new moon in a single month. A partial solar eclipse is just now ending, but it was not visible in the UK or the US. 

Take care, all. 

• Please check back to read the posts in the last thread. Pat O had a post about using Zoom, and Lindy posted this lovely poem in response. I didn't want anyone to miss it so I've pasted it here.

ZOOMING (a poem by LINDYBIRD)

I have to go a' zooming
    Among the screens so blue -
    I hope the problems that I have
    Do not occur to you!

My sound is often missing, &
    My son says, (on the phone)
    That I need to press some button
    Which never seems to be at home.

The children then are gathered in
    "Say Hello to Grandma!" they're told
    If we're lucky, they might just say something
    Before the screen goes cold

With no one even left in sight, or else
    With figures z o o o ming by
    If you wondered why it's called a zoom -
    At this point, I know why!

We talk about things, this & that -
    The dog maybe, or Grandads new hat
    But only after switching off
    Do I recall reasons for the chat.

• Diane: Thank YOU. Hope you stay safe - I assume that's the same system that did so much damage near Wichita.

Lindybird; Group family Facetime or Zoom calls are always chaotic here too.

Site is excruciatingly slow......first of the month syndrome.
  • Good Morning and thank you to Diane for starting us off. Hope the storms are brief, Diane.

Happy May to everyone!!

It's our Eldests birthday -- I now view his age with disbelief. He was supposed to have been born almost 2 weeks earlier, in April, and was a bouncing baby as a result! Thankfully I had an easy birth and didn't need a cesarean ... ...
  • OG arrived home Friday evening. Very tired. Will resume regular chat soon I hope. Best wishes to all.
  • So glad to hear that OG is home.
  • Very good news re OG. Hope she soon feels less tired.
    I like the article about time LINDY. Very true.
    Well, I have spent my Bank Holiday Sunday cleaning the house!!! Very pleased now it is done.
    ANNETTE - the site was so slow for me this morning that I couldn’t get on at all!!!
  • Good to hear OG is home. Hope she will be up to posting again very soon. Thoughts and prayers flying her way.
  • Good news that OG is back home again- thank you for keeping us informed, EE.

Rusty - A big effort, I'm sure, but now you have the pleasure of surveying a clean abode! Well done :-) Now take tomorrow as a day off! ;-))
  • Good news that OG is back home again- thank you for keeping us informed, EE.

Rusty - A big effort, I'm sure, but now you have the pleasure of surveying a clean abode! Well done :-) Now take tomorrow as a day off! ;-))