Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 1 May 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH and HAPPY MAY DAY! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and a glorious spring!!!

Apologies for starting the thread a little early. We have big 'ol thunderstorms moving in, possibly severe, and I'm shutting down my computer for the night. I'm going to wash and cut my hair and do a little quiet meditation and planning for the month of May.

Today was a rare "Black Moon," the second new moon in a single month. A partial solar eclipse is just now ending, but it was not visible in the UK or the US. 

Take care, all. 

• My favourite path, which winds along.

• Lindybird: Love your favorite path too - I could almost smell the earth....

Been busy here; all with good stuff but not a lot of free time to chat. Trouble is, house now looks like it needs a serious clean...
  • LINDY - love the photos
    Ant update - I think I have located the spot where they are getting into the kitchen (tell tale bit of plaster on the floor) however, when I went to find the ant spray it was no longer there!!!! I must have thrown it away at some point. It is now on my shopping list for later in the week.
    AQ - dare I ask for a mouse update?
  • Posted with great difficulty on Sunday, as the 1st of the month. Today had to sign in again <sigh>

To conclude my description of our adventures yesterday: we went looking for some lunch on Anglesey and tracked back to an establishment we'd seen on the road, near Rhosneigr. It's called "The Oystercatcher" and is an ultra modern building which has been put on the site of an old hotel. Very environmental etc - their hot water comes from modern bore hole boilers & all of the building is made of local materials where possible. The menu was interesting too - but as it was lunchtime we asked if we could just have some starters & bread, which soon arrived. I had soup which was sweet potato & chickpea, with lime and coconut. Sounds strange, but it was totally delicious, as was my OHs Warm Duck salad. We ate them with warm handmade rustic bread and I wished I could take the cook home with me!! We will be returning!
  • Posted with great difficulty on Sunday, as the 1st of the month. Today had to sign in again <sigh>

To conclude my description of our adventures yesterday: we went looking for some lunch on Anglesey and tracked back to an establishment we'd seen on the road, near Rhosneigr. It's called "The Oystercatcher" and is an ultra modern building which has been put on the site of an old hotel. Very environmental etc - their hot water comes from modern bore hole boilers & all of the building is made of local materials where possible. The menu was interesting too - but as it was lunchtime we asked if we could just have some starters & bread, which soon arrived. I had soup which was sweet potato & chickpea, with lime and coconut. Sounds strange, but it was totally delicious, as was my OHs Warm Duck salad. We ate them with warm handmade rustic bread and I wished I could take the cook home with me!! We will be returning!
  • Oh goodness. I'm all doubled up again!

Edit -- You can Google the Oystercatcher in Anglesey. It will give you pics and menus.

• Have been growing a tiny alpine plant here in a pot - they seem to thrive on neglect! Now it's flowering and looks so colourful.

• Sigh....... the picture hasn't come out.