Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 1 May 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH and HAPPY MAY DAY! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and a glorious spring!!!

Apologies for starting the thread a little early. We have big 'ol thunderstorms moving in, possibly severe, and I'm shutting down my computer for the night. I'm going to wash and cut my hair and do a little quiet meditation and planning for the month of May.

Today was a rare "Black Moon," the second new moon in a single month. A partial solar eclipse is just now ending, but it was not visible in the UK or the US. 

Take care, all. 

• RUSTY Well done on managing 18 holes.
  • Rusty - Well done! An eighteen-hole round takes stamina, and the added pressure of competition doesn't always lead to a respectable score. Bet you are feeling really chuffed!
  • Bravo Rusty

Heather: A quiet life sounds wonderful. Those of us who are pro-choice in the abortion debate here in the U.S. are gearing up for another fight. I went to the first of what I suspect will be many rallies following the leak of the first draft of a ruling on a landmark case by the U.S. Supreme Court. God, I can't believe how regressive things have gotten here.
  • ANNETTE - I've been following the news regarding Roe v Wade. No words, really. Regressive, as you say.
  • Well done RUSTY ! You are right to feel pleased with yourself :-)
  • Thank you all. I await the results which will come online once the late afternoon players are in.
    ANNETTE - if I was over there I would be joining you on the demonstrations.
    HEATHER - I have somehow got a very crowded diary after I had decided I would have a quieter life!!! I shouldn’t complain though. I am very lucky to be able to do all these things.
  • Blimey!!! I came first in my division (division 2!!!!) I can’t believe it!!! It was windy and drizzly too. Conditions I don’t really like to play golf in.
  • Well done, Rusty!!! Bet that means a handicap cut ...
  • I hope not Pat. Under the new system of handicapping most of the ladies in my club have gone up substantially but, because I haven’t played, I still have the handicap I had last season!! I have not been notified of a handicap change so I guess it will stay the same for the time being. I don’t mind. I was just happy to be out there playing.
  • Well done, Rusty! You're obviously not TOO rusty!! If you'll excuse the pun. ;-)

I've only ever played 9 holes - it's surprisingly tiring & certainly takes longer than you expect. I've never played a competition, I just play against my OH for practice - for him! You must be fit.

We had a good journey back, even though we had drizzly rain for some of the time. There were a lot of sheep in the fields, of course, and most of them had lambs.

Annette - I've been following events in the USA with horror- and apparently so have many others, on both sides of The Pond. What a backwards step it would be. Much as I hate the idea of abortion being used as a form of contraception, women's bodies are their own. Someone pointed out that this could then be the forerunner of other "reforms" such as taking away the freedom of who you would be allowed to marry. Ghastly.