Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 10 April 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON! 

The moon turns full next Saturday, 16 April. Here, it's known as the "Pink Moon."

I hope everyone has a joyful, healthy spring week! 

Spring is taking its time to arrive here. I had a long period of snow last night. Our Weather Service warned us ahead of time that we'd have some cold nights with icy rain, and then snow and a hard frost well into morning. Everyone rushed to cover any new garden plants and flowers that had dared to come up.

• I used to move my furniture around, every couple of years, when we had a large "L" shaped lounge. The big sofa could go in 3 different places, swapping with the tables & TV, but the dining table & chairs were stuck where they were, near the kitchen. Now we have a tiny lounge/sitting room where everything has to be just exactly where it is - no swapping! The only thing I'd like to change would be to put the TV on the wall to save space, but my OH is dead against it!
  • I didn't mean to imply that I was glad that the family weekend was over, just re read my previous post !
    It was lovely to have the girls and we all went to Elgin on Saturday. Had lunch out - good to see all three of my daughters at the same time.
    ANNETTE - here's hoping that your daughter will take no risks and continue to improve.
  • Didn't think that was what you meant, Heather! How lovely to get all your girls together. :-)
  • At last, a day with hail storms. Tomorrow doesn't look to be too good though!
  • Hallo all: Sounds like everyone is doing okay with nice family visits, etc. Busy here; am off to Arizona on Wednesday and will be back the following Wednesday and doing the usual advance planning for OH's meals, etc...
  • Have a safe journey, Annette. I hope your daughter is much improved. I also hope your OH will be fine while you're gone.

• Diane: Thanks, daughter is coming along well. Meanwhile, OH seems to be doing better but I got an alarm device that he can wear like a watch and use to call for help if there's an emergency. Neighbors also know I'll be gone. Hope spring is showing itself in your neck of the wood.
  • A: That's wonderful about your daughter's progress. I'm sure that alarm device provides you and your OH with some comfort. That's a good idea. Also good that the neighbors have been told. I briefly checked the weather, and it looks like you won't have to worry about any snow on your drive, although it looks cold on Wednesday night at your destination in Arizona.

Two warm days coming up here, but then chilly nights forecast for the rest of the month. I have to prepare my stupid taxes this week, anyway.

Treat yourself to good snacks on your drive.

• Good Morning. Dry but cloudy here, and a little warmer.

Good job I have quality control checks and reread what I've typed, as I noticed that my phone had put "dry but pudding here"......!!!)

Annette, have a safe and easy journey tomorrow, and I hope you find your daughter still improving. Its been a long 'journey' for her.

• ANNETTE - Safe journey. (You could almost do it blindfold!) Your OH will be OK and it sounds as if Dau is behaving.

Email this morn from library that one of my requests had arrived. I was at the door soon after opening. I discovered a number of books on shelves with 2022 stickers on spine, new since my last visit – that makes browsing easy and I added 3 to my bag. I also collected the History Festival booklet. Throughout May there are open days, talks, walks, etc, although many are the same year to year. I found 2 probables. Alas one is 1½ hours drive but that church is only open for services twice a month.