Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 10 April 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON! 

The moon turns full next Saturday, 16 April. Here, it's known as the "Pink Moon."

I hope everyone has a joyful, healthy spring week! 

Spring is taking its time to arrive here. I had a long period of snow last night. Our Weather Service warned us ahead of time that we'd have some cold nights with icy rain, and then snow and a hard frost well into morning. Everyone rushed to cover any new garden plants and flowers that had dared to come up.

• ANNETTE - a difficult decision for you, I'm sure. But you've done your best to ensure that OH will have food and be as safe as he can be. I wish that you all lived nearer to each other.
  • ANNETTE Hope all goes well. Safe journey.
  • Just packed up a folding garden chair which I bought on a whim, and my OH hates.... It says it can be returned, so just print out a label to go on it.

My OH held the parcel shut, as I put brown sticky tape all over the parcel - the chair didn't want to go, and tried to escape!! Now, I've just sat down to print out the label. It obliged quite easily, but with it is a slip with a barcode on it, which it says "Place inside your parcel" Aaaaaaargh! ---- slaps forehead!!
  • On dear, LINDY ....
    I've been thinking about OG and her furniture delivery today - hope it was more satisfactory than yours x
  • Lindybird: Been there; done that! (More than once). :-)
  • Hi all, just been reading all your news.
    Heather B - so pleased that you managed to meet up with all three daughters and glad you had a lovely lunch out.

Lindybird - I can perhaps understand why OH doesn't want it on the wall - in case it falls!!! maybe. No, I loved to move my furniture round too but since buying our latest 3piece some 5 years ago we have to leave it where its put as the sofa is quite big.

Hoping to have the garden room furniture delivered on Thursday but they won't say a time as yet, said they would ring me tomorrow and let me know. Will be glad when its in place and we can sit out there. Just got to get the garden finished and it should look OK. Off to scatter Ray's ashes on Saturday at the local cricket club where he played an active roll over the years. Hopefully hoping to buy a rose in his memory and use some of the ashes in the soil .

Had some sad news today - a dear friend from church who had been battling cancer died last night. At least now, she is out of pain, but has left a husband and son, who lived at home and another son who is out in Australia.

Hoping to go and see step g.grandchild on Monday as they are visiting her mum, so should be a lovely trip out.

Annette - just seen about your trip - safe journey and hope dau is improving all the time.

AQ - hope you find a trip to go on. At least they seem to be running again.

Diane - oh those taxes, good luck. Hope you are keeping well.
  • Arghhh.  Typed a post and the Administration page intruded; when I closed it, lost my post, but...

AQ; ... yes, could almost drive that road with my eyes closed.  I'm not leaving at the crack of dawn as before (when the LA rush hour apparently starts!) but will let it all go on its way and I'll putter along behind.  I've downloaded Waze onto my phone, which my car audio picks up via Bluetooth; It's really good about taking you around accidents, backups, etc.  I'll arrive by late afternoon and am going to pick up yummy pizza (veggie for the grownups and pepperoni for Ms D) and salad on the way to the house.  Grandson is flying to join us Friday through Monday, which granddaughter and I are keeping as a secret from daughter and Ms D, who will be so thrilled when he walks in the door.  :-)

Diane:  Temps in AZ at this time of year range from 30-something at night to almost 70 during the day. A royal pain when it comes to packing.

Lynette:  I love the idea of the rosebush.  Hope you get the visit the family and that the furniture arrives in good time.

Heather: Spent the afternoon organizing dinners for OH. He's on a salad kick right now, but he'll have to do without until I get back..

Take care everyone!

• Good Morning. Hope Annette is safely on her way & that the traffic is kind.

Lynette, that's a lovely idea to put Ray's ashes at the cricket club where he spent happy times.

Cheerful news on TV this morning that inflation in the UK has hit a 30 year high - mostly caused by rising food prices and the new energy price drama. Good job its summer coming up.
  • Morning, We had a rather unexpected shower about an hour ago, but I have put the washing out anyway. - Ever the optimist!!!
    After putting the washing out I went round and deadheaded the daffodils and fed the pots - the jobs for the weekend suggested by Monty Don last Friday. Somehow, I have only just got round to them!!!
    LYNNETTE - I think the idea for your husbands ashes is really good. I hope the day goes well on Saturday and that you think of the happy times. I hope the garden room furniture arrives tomorrow as planned and that you get a lot of pleasure sitting in that area.
    ANNETTE - I hope the journey to Arizona went smoothly and that the pizzas were a success. You sound to have made some very good arrangements for you OH.
    LINDY - I have just gone back to the episode with the sealed up parcel. Oh yes!!! I think we probably have all done it!
    I am popping round to have coffee with a friend shortly. Hope to catch up on all the news of her family.
  • Got my haircut this morning (yes!!) and my hairdresser is as expert but as loud as ever. Must wear earplugs in future: we discussed politics, holidays, and our children, but she shouts as if on a noisy train, the whole time!!

It was doubtful weather, so I decided to take 2 coats, one light jacket & one raincoat. Also took a parcel to post back, in the post office, & a food list. By the time I reached the hairdressers, it was already raining. That was when I found out that I'd left the raincoat in the hall. Um.

Went around the supermarket after the haircut, with an umbrella, and came out to find spring sunshine. Hooray!