Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 January 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

The first full moon of 2022 turns full on Monday, 17 January. 

I hope you all have a joyful week. Stay safe, everyone. 

EDIT: Everyone check back to last week's thread to see Clare's beautiful photographs and also Lindy's lovely sunrise pics. 

• I was sad to hear the news this morning, Clare. Someone who was definitely a one-off. We will miss him. (My favourite song -- "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad")

• OG Good to hear from you.

How lucky we were this morning. We walked by the canal and saw a kingfisher with a fish. A rare sight for us. Thank goodness OH spotted it as a few seconds later it had gone.
  • Our visitors came - My late friend Gs daughter, and her widower, who is just recovering from a minor operation. They brought me two white china cats which had been Gs - he has been encouraged to have a bit of a clearout to simplify his life.

We all talked nineteen to the dozen as we have not seen each other for a long time due to covid. Sadly, we also all know several people in bad health at the moment, so health problems did tend to dominate the conversation.
  • Hi everybody: We are supposed to be a major getting internet upgrade next week but have been getting bumped offline for the last two weeks (since schools reopened...? Anyway, it's all very frustrating, especially when you're filling out forms online and are ready to press Submit only to have it all disappear! Grrrr.

Am reading posts and news, but need to Get Things Done.

Take care all.
  • I was up too early this morn; too hot to sleep. It was 28 C at 6 am, by 6.30 it dropped to 23 with rain sprinkling. This fabulous sunrise only lasted a few minutes. Maybe enhanced by debris from Tonga’s volcano.

• Gorgeous, AQ. You must be suffering, though, in those temps. :-(

Dibnlib, how exciting to see a kingfisher! - I'm green with envy, never seen one. You must have been thrilled.

Annette, frustrating to have Internet problems.
  • I just found a little story which might amuse you:

Some years ago, a retired Harvard professor, living in the mountains of Vermont, claimed to have irrefutable photographic proof that Elvis was still alive.

A journalist from the National Enquirer went to see the man, who produced a grainy picture of himself standing in front of the house.

"But where's the photographic proof of Elvis?" demanded the reporter.

"Well" said the professor, "Elvis took the photo"
  • Lindybird:  Ha Ha  Can't imagine the National Enquirer asking questions to verify a story.  :-)

AQ;  That really is a lovely photo. Hope not too enhanced by volcano...

We're now being told we'll be offline for about four hours on Monday.  Hmmm.

• What a difference a day makes. Rain sprinkling most of day and it is a humid 22 C.

• Middle age is when it takes longer to rest than to get tired.

The first 70 years of childhood are always the hardest. (t shirt message)

So when is this “old enough to know better” supposed to kick in? (t shirt message)