Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 January 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

The first full moon of 2022 turns full on Monday, 17 January. 

I hope you all have a joyful week. Stay safe, everyone. 

EDIT: Everyone check back to last week's thread to see Clare's beautiful photographs and also Lindy's lovely sunrise pics. 

• Diane: I started a new thread the same time but have deleted it now. Was thinking that you probably didn't need to be dong stuff after feeling so bad....

Anyway, thank you!
  • Sorry, Annette. I should have told you I was going to start the thread. I've just now seen your email. I slept all day. I'm so glad to hear that your daughter has been moved to a good rehab. Hope she can recover from COVID damage quickly.

Thanks to everyone for your kind posts wishing me well. I owe 3 people emails and also want to reply to others on here. But for right now, I'm going back to bed and get warm. I think it's another night with the BBC World Service for me. I had a fever Thursday and Friday. No worries, though, I'll be fine. Take care, everyone.

Lynette: I'm thinking of you and sending strength.
  • Thinking of everyone here with any issues, challenges or ailments and particularly of Lynette and Diane Wishing strength for everyone, to deal with each day.

Glad to see you are still with us, Diane! Thanks for staying in touch and for the new thread, of course.
  • Just a thought

One must still have chaos in one self to be able to give birth to a dancing star. (Friedrich Nietzsche)

• AQ: Did Nietzsche happen to say how long the chaos lasts?
  • I have been reading about pandemics in the past. This quote from Charles Kenny’s book refers, I think, to 1300s. “Four thousand troops manned the southern border in Austria-Hungary, holding many travelers in quarantine for as long as forty-eight days, fumigating trade goods, and putting suspect goods in a warehouse. People were considered expendable enough that if they developed plague symptoms, they could be shot.”

I wonder if such drastic actions were any more successful than our constantly changing restrictions.

• Good morning, all. Forgot to mention on the previous thread that I really enjoyed Lindy's beautiful sunrise photos!
  • Wonderful photos, Clare. Enjoyed looking at them all while eating my breakfast.

Something good to look forward to on BBC2 starting on Tuesday, Winterwatch with ChrisPackham, Michaela Strachan, lolo Williams & Megan McCubbin. This series has eight episodes too. Apologies to Weekly Chatters not in the Uk.
  • Good Morning. Cold here again, and very still. At least its not raining!!

Thank you, Clare! - I took at least 35 pics through our bedroom window and later pruned them down to 22! Then I had to decide which ones were worth seeing. I expect I could have used a camera for better clarity, but just grabbed my phone. Some other people in our town took some on the same day so it must have been quite a sight for many.

Thank you to Diane for making the effort to begin our thread again - you should not have left the warmth if you're still recovering. Glad to hear you might be over the worst now, though. Take care.
  • Bluesky2 - I just saw the TV listing and noted that Springwatch    (Edit: I mean Winterwatch) is returning. Always a treat.