Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 January 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

The first full moon of 2022 turns full on Monday, 17 January. 

I hope you all have a joyful week. Stay safe, everyone. 

EDIT: Everyone check back to last week's thread to see Clare's beautiful photographs and also Lindy's lovely sunrise pics. 

• Morning all:

Lindybird:  Fab sunrise and those last few pix are really gorgeous.  Also liked the ones showing the frost on the fields.   I'm getting my fringe trimmed this morning.  I've had fewer all-over haircuts this last year or so and have been trimming it myself, but now the chickens have come home to roost (not in my hair) and my do-it-yourself efforts have resulted in an inadvertent 'layered' look in some odd places.... I'm  not thrilled with the person who cuts my hair.  Every now and then I see someone with a great cut and when I compliment them they all-too-often tell me they cut it themselves.  Sigh...

House is sparkling clean until you get to the hall door and beyond - must keep up the momentum (which is rather slow actually).

• Thanks, Annette. It was just a gift to me, really - I got up early and the skies were "on fire" . Have now seen quite a few others from around the country so it must have been visible across most of the UK. It was very frosty & still.

I know someone who cuts their own hair & they look like they do. Puts me off ever trying. ;-)

Finally got the bathroom mats dry, after hanging them up indoors for 24 hours. Began sorting out a pile of old receipts and was shocked at what I'd bought!! We really are a consumer society. Mind you, I then proceeded to order a new lamp for the dining toom because I'd seen one in a Sale <blush>.

• Goodness, a quiet night on here. We have a warmer start today, without frost for a change. No red skies today either.

I see that the Brits are holding up in the Aussie tennis, though how far Andy will get will cause much speculation.

Hope Diane is recovering after her horrible experience, and its a little warmer there.
  • Hear no evil, speak no evil and you’ll never be invited to a party. (Oscar Wilde)

If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun. (Katharine Hepburn)

I have Social Disease. I have to go out every night. (Andy Warhol.)

• I've given in and phoned my usual hairdresser. I kept looking longingly at the scissors !
  • Heather - Not sure whether to say 'chicken' or 'well done'! Or even 'better the devil you know ...'
  • PAT - I think chicken is the best description ! I could do the front and the sides but not sure about the rest...
  • Been out & between us, completed several errands, including dropping off a bag of clothes and a nearly new yoga mat which I guess I'll never use now, to the charity shop. (I might still do a little yoga at home but can do it on the carpet. Won't go to a class with my creaky knees!)

Came home with several tins of corned beef - we can't get it anywhere now except one shop, so have to keep a stock in. Don't like any of the versions except Fray Bentos.

Still sorting through old statements & receipts. Sadly I seem to just pile them up, & think "I'll do them later...." then find something nicer to do. My OH is the opposite, and flings things which might one day be important. There must be a happy medium :-)
  • Lindy, I don't think there is a happy medium. I have not found one, anyway.

Heather, Just keep away from those scissors. I think there are those that can, or those that cannot, cut hair. I have never felt the slightest inclination to cut mine, much as I looked like a witch during lockdown.
    I have never felt the urge to write a book either, but I know several people who say they intend to do so.
    I would much rather read someone else's.

Thinking of Diane and Lynette.