NEWS FROM OTHER NESTS - 2022

News from Other Nests 2021

CAPTIVA OSPREYS - Andy & Lena

I'd been posting in "Forum Friends", here's a snap brought over, for the sake of starting this thread with something!

IMAGICAT

• JillR said:

Just checked Alyth and the sheet is back! Female brought it back at 15.39

And I've just got around to it - what an unwelcome surprise !!!  (I thought it was the male brought it in ??? )

25 April

Tweed Valley - good reception but no zooming and I couldn't see into the nestcup.  All looked good tho.

IMAGICAT

• 26 April

Tweed Valley

Big problems with the cam today - about 250 failed fragments, only 2 significant clips from first thing - the first of which was alarming:

Then someone on the eggs:

There is a banner at the top of the Tweed Valley website:

IMAGICAT

• 27 April

Tweed Valley

Nothing - I've only just remembered to switch it back on, when I went to fetch today's footage and found nothing there :(((

Alyth

I thought this was a fish, or a piece of one - strange that he had it gripped in both feet - but she flew off empty-taloned, so it must be another weird item he thinks is nest material ???

I think this was it later:

Female with fish?  Did she catch it herself or did I miss him bringing one?  She 'dumped' it on the nest and took over incubation:

Later... I think it's more of the bedsheet (brown paper) material:

16:00 An unringed male intruded - she beat him off twice:

Teatime - between outages (all downloads dropped out twice between 17:00 and 17:40) a whole FISH !!!

IMAGICAT

• 28 April

Tweed Valley

Despite my downloader being on the lookout all day, this is all that was found:

EDIT !!!  I found 52 minutes running until 17:30 closing time - one on nestcup the whole time, no other activity.

Alyth

This morning the "bedsheet" got dragged along the far fence. If this is brown paper which has gone stiff, maybe it won't be very dangerous for osplets ???

IMAGICAT

• Alyth ©SSEN-WildlifeWindows

Late teatime, a small portion:

The "bedsheet" is unmoved.

IMAGICAT

• 29 April

Tweed Valley

Lots of bits today, I'm going to delete all the other files except the one currently running.

There are not enough zooms to catch the eggs when the light allows them to be distinguished.

IMAGICAT

• 29 April

Alyth

An early-morning intruder touches down and away - it was windy but didn't blow the "bedsheet" away - some fidgeting.  It all looks good.

Tweed Valley

A tiddler just before closing time.  Eggs still couldn't be assessed.

IMAGICAT

• 30 April

Started at 09:00 this morning, up to 17:30.  I seem to have got the beginning and the end!

A changeover:

A wet sitter at the end of the day:

IMAGICAT