Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 7 November 2021

Happy New Week!

I hope everyone has a healthy, happy week. 

• Thank you Heather- too soon to tell, I'm still in bed with a mug of tea!! Have a good day, yourself.
  • Delighted to say that Limpy has had his Covid booster. He ended up being vaccinated sitting in the car, though, as his PTSD kicked in and he found himself unable to cope with wearing a mask. I'm pleased the medical staff were sympathetic.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good news CLARE. There are some kind and understanding folk around - I'm happy that LIMPY met them :-)
  • Brilliant, Clare!! Give him a hug from me!!
  • OH with toothache (own fault for not seeing dentist for ages). I pleaded & got a 10 am appt squeezed between others. After I dropped him home, I delivered bottles & cans to recycling depot to get 10c each refund, on to Km—t for Little People’s C-mas gifts (shelves restocked after school holidays). Found books & jigsaws & crafts; all terribly cheap. Next to swap library books but I’d left my reading glasses home and only collected two, then lunch with school friend. Home & ready for a nanny nap when OH says “What have I done with my (house) key?” He had it when he came in from his walk yesterday pm, so it has to be in the house, somewhere. We have searched the obvious places, stupid places, pockets, chair cushions, rubbish bins. Now we are waiting for it to miraculously appear. The other day he “lost” his face mask after he came home. He is so forgetful now.

• Just a thought

Hold a true friend with both your hands. (Nigerian Proverb)

• Hold a True Friend

Hold a true friend with both your hands -
    Hang on, to someone who understands
    What makes you tick, what makes you cry,
    What you'd rather do than sigh
    When things go wrong, and the world isn't right -
    How often it seems to be tonight!

Tell them your woes, let out your moans
    To others, you may conceal your groans
    And keep that chin up:
    But when the chips are down
    When you find you've become just someone's clown
    Turn to your friend, who'll understand
    Who reaches out to clasp your hand.
  • Don’t think I’ll manage replies today, but just a few words about hospital trip yesterday. I put my foot down and refused to go in without my carer – they asked doc and he said he expected to see us as “a unit!".  Xrays took a long time nine or ten exposures of various joints from various angles – left me with back ache and legs were bad (but could have been worse) and they were so kind repositioning me – they have a special room where they Xray disabled people. Doc (Orthopaedic Surgeon who did my big femur repair in 2017) was totally in agreement with me – added problem of the lung problem (and heart threat) makes surgery a poor option and I am best getting by as long as I can with E-E to help me. So I am now on patient initiated referral, to phone if I need help. We were both in full agreement with this and I came home much less stressed and had a good night’s sleep.

Will try to pop back later if time allows.

• OG - First of all, I'm very impressed that they have special arrangements for the disabled. Glad your appointment had an encouraging outcome, even if it was all rather a trial for you. Great that you then slept through, with less worry on your mind.

Take care, and {HUGS} to you both.
  • OG - glad that you got the outcome that you hoped for and that EE is able to continue as your carer.