Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 7 November 2021

Happy New Week!

I hope everyone has a healthy, happy week. 

• You smell great! What hand sanitizer are you wearing?

I’m getting tired of being part of a major historical event.

I’ve never felt so close to my dog until now;
    We both roam the house for food,
    We take random naps,
    We both hate wearing a muzzle,
    We get into trouble when close to people
    And we get excited about car rides.
    Don’t get us started on walks.

• Don't you lorem ipsum me, Annette! :-D Wow, you copy fit text before the advance of computers? I used to do that, too, with Xacto blade and straight edge, on waxed galleys. I called it slicing and dicing. Very therapeutic.

I see everyone is starting up about Christmas. I rather hunker down and wait for it to be over, and use it as an excuse to visit or call friends and family to catch up. No cards or gifts here. However, I will try to make Chinese New Years cards. It will be the year of the Tiger next year, arriving February 1, well after Xmas hubbub.

Linda's photos reminded me about my lovely walk in the autumn afternoon along a nearby lake yesterday. The golden light of late afternoon is at its most beautiful at this time in the fall as the sun is angling down.

Regarding being oneself, Tallulah Bankhead said,
    "No one can be exactly like me. Sometimes I even have trouble doing it."
  • Love Tallulah!!

A bit of sunshine here, and my OH has drained the central heating to do battle with the faulty radiator/towel rail in the bathroom. He seems to be winning. I fed the birds and my little robin popped out of the hedge again to peck at the seeds I put on the ground especially for him.
  • Morning all:

Lindybird:  Lovely sunrise you've got there.  Gosh, your OH is so handy.  

CC:  Oh my goodness, no. I didn't make myself clear: Definitely not smart enough to fit text before computers - it was all done on Macs with QuarkXpress. Not sure which software they're using now.....  

• Unknown said:
    I see everyone is starting up about Christmas. I rather hunker down and wait for it to be over

Ditto.  The Christmas gear has been in the shops since September and we're absolutely sick to death of it.  Looking forward to the solstice, though, as that will mean the days start getting longer again.

• Result! Think my OH has fixed it..... We are keeping an eye on it, in case it leaks again, but hopefully the problem is sorted. Only got to fix the floor base now, then put the new floor covering back on, which we bought only a few months ago.

I've rested for most of today, as didn't feel great. Perhaps it's thrown me a bit being poked and prodded.
  • Good Morning! Yes, it's early here...... I'm still waking early......

Dry here, but too dark to tell if it's going to stay that way.
  • Good morning LINDY, I hope that you will feel better today.