Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 7 November 2021

Happy New Week!

I hope everyone has a healthy, happy week. 

• AQ - hope that the key has turned up ! Maybe a good idea to have a couple of spare ones?

Granddaughter Amy has accidentally broken her insulin pump. It's insured ( these things are phenomenally expensive, between £2 and £3 thousand) and will need to be replaced. Yes,it's insured but there may be an excess to pay. At least it is still usable, otherwise she'd be back on injections etc.

!

• Goodness, Heather. I'd no idea that they were so expensive.
  • Evening all:  Went on a mad cleaning up spree in the garden today.  Took out most of a massive protea that was waaaay too big for the place where it was planted.  I've been thinking of taking it out for two years and today was the day.  Got most of everything above ground into the bins for the morning pickup but the roots are impressive and appear to head off in all directions.  No wonder the neighboring plants haven't been doing well.

Sorry for no individual responses, but will looking for updates on keys, insulini pumps, etc.  Hope everyone has a good Wednesday.  :-).

• A new day. New searches. I retrieved spare keys buried in garden and found the plastic container had sprung a leak allowing soil & moisture in. The important key has corroded but still works – just. Meanwhile OH was still checking. He said he would check the trousers he wore yesterday. I thought but did not say “Yesterday you told me you checked there.” Yep, there was the missing key. Any good gained from lunch with Friend was cancelled by the dram of the following 18 hours. I know it’s not OH’s fault and I remind myself “for better for worse. . . in sickness & health”. Before food shop this morn I had 2 more spare keys cut.

• Not only my short term memory is horrible, but so is my short term memory.

Let the past be content with itself, for man needs forgetfulness as well as memory. (James Stephens)

Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses (Confucius)

• OG: I am so very glad that you got the outcome that you feel is the best for you!!!

Good for you for putting your foot down and demanding that EE accompany you. I'm sorry that all the X-rays and manipulation were so painful. It does sound like it could have been worse. I'm so happy that you were less stressed and slept well afterward. I try to send you strength every day. My best to you and EE.

• AQ: I'm so sorry. I wish your life wasn't so stressful. I've been a long-term caregiver. It's so demanding, especially what you're coping with. Sending you strength.
  • Good Morning. Have been awake for ages which is frustrating as I need my sleep at present.

AQ, my sympathies, its so frustrating for you, and I know you to have to think for two now. Glad you managed lunch with your friend.
  • aquilareen said:
    I know it’s not OH’s fault and I remind myself “for better for worse. . . in sickness & health”

@AQ  As I have mentioned before, I totally empathise, Tis very Hard going, at times.

Take care my lovely ,