Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 3 October 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The moon turns new on 6 October, next Wednesday.

I hope everyone has a good autumn week. The trees are just beginning to turn a bit yellow here. No strong colors yet.

• I'm with you here 100%. I want to go back to BED.

I had thought my spate of non-news listening ended with Jan. 2020, ...but apparently not.

Unknown said:
    Debt Limit Crisis could be catastrophic. By the end of the month, the U.S. could default on our debt for the first time in history. Our economy would fail. Crikey, I'm going back to work

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Who are the TRIO? They sound like a Marvel movie! I caught a quick image of you, samurai vegetable chopping with it all flying up in bits and into the soup!

aquilareen said:
    It’s been a long time since I babysat the Trio.

• Make sure you have some pro-biotics on hand for the AB in case you tummy complains. It is rainy here, too. Rest up!

Unknown said:
    Good morning on yet another showery day. Cold is going, but on ABs for an infection

• CC: "The Trio" are AQ's granddaughters:  Ms.10 and her younger twin siblings.  :-)   I'm still avoiding a lot of the news and have taken to watching Love it or List It, although my jaw drops at clients who judge huge and wonderfully appointed kitchens and bathrooms as needing updating, as if it's like slapping on a new coat of paint or changing socks.  Then I look at massive houses on massive lots that cost pennies compared to here and think, Should I move to (fill in the blank) and think: Maybe not.   :-)

Lindybird:   Love that last sign.

AQ:  love those sayings.  

Sunday evening our weather forecaster said we "might" get some sprinkles in our area (rain, not cupcake decorations).  Instead we got a big loud thunderstorm with a good amount of rain.  :-)

• LINDY: There are still widespread problems with reaching and using Facebook. It's going to take them some time to recover all the routing and fix all the fallout of yesterday's failure. The Guardian had a really good (short and simple) explanation for the reason Facebook disappeared (unless you believe the more sinister theories linked to the whisteblower investigation, etc.).

The technology failure all started in California. Facebook literally had to send a technical team to a main data center in California to manually reset the servers where the problem originated, according to The Guardian. I'm pretty sure it was all Annette's fault.

LOL LOL

• Diane:  Well, I certainly felt capable of causing Facebook's problems after watching Frances Haugen testify on Capitol Hill today - and I don't like Facebook or what's-his-name at the best of times, but no, can't take credit for inconvenience millions of people yesterday.  :-)

• I should specify that I was joking, because some people out there might not be able to pick up on humor on the internet. LOL I was working and I couldn't watch Haugen's testimony, unfortunately. I applaud her courage, though.

• CC – As ANNETTE said, the “Trio” is my shortcut for Dau#2’s 3 girls, Miss10 and twins aged 7. All are very huggable. The twins are unlike in every way - shape, colouring, temperament. As Dau finds wearing a mask & shopping with the three in school holidays rather tiresome, I offer a few hours help. It is a far cry from my nanny duty “2 days a week” when the twins were small. Thank goodness they were at school before covid struck. I would not have been able to visit during lockdowns, as they live far more than 5 km from us.

Yesterday’s “duties” required me to hear MissJ read from 2 of her school readers. I learnt about homes for prairie dogs, weaver birds, trapdoor spiders, warthogs & much more. In the Cow to Carton story of Milk the words Pasteurization & homogenization were slight stumbles. I supervised lunch – Dau left for each a sandwich, raw veg & a few fruit balls (sugary treats) and lots of water. Then very busy little people required me to inspect all their Lego productions. Lego & books are everywhere. Dau mentioned a library visit where the Trio collected 40 books for the holidays. I wonder where they got the reading gene!!!