Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 3 October 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The moon turns new on 6 October, next Wednesday.

I hope everyone has a good autumn week. The trees are just beginning to turn a bit yellow here. No strong colors yet.

• Hi all and happy week to you all. Diane, thanks for the start up.

Pity about the oil spill , do hope they can get some sort of barrier up to save the wildlife.

AQ - lovely to hear G.Dau has an interest in minerology do hope she keeps the interest up.

Dibnlib - sorry to heare about your SiL.

OG - not nice a streaming cold but hope you will start to feel better soon.

Thanks for news from everyone, always good to read and see whats going on.

Usual routine down here. OH managed to get some petrol locally and we visited the library, all within our village.
    Dau informed us that OFSTED are arriving tomorrow at the school where she is a TA. Didn't get home till nearly 7pm as they had to get some prep done for the visit. Going to be a nervous time, let's hope the school at least gets a pass. It is in one of the deprived areas of Northampton plus a lot of pupils from ethnic backgrounds also attend.
  • Lindybird: :-) I can't keep up with all the twittering on this site.
  • Good Morning. Dry here but a wet day forecast.

I'm unable to use Facebook in spite of reports this morning that It's All Over.

• It’s been a long time since I babysat the Trio. Today I did so while Dau had some time to shop unhindered. Then I chopped a million vegies for her soup.

• When your first baby drops her pacifier, you sterilize it. When your second baby drops her pacifier, you tell the dog “Fetch!” (Bruce Lansky)

Why don’t kids understand that their nap is not for them but for us? (Alyson Hannigan)

Parenthood: That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage. (Marcelene Cox)

• I hope OG is now feeling a bit better, after getting a cold. I seem to hear about a lot of people going down with colds, now that we are all back in circulation again. No consolation when you're streaming, though.

Sue's son who had the cycling accident, is getting bored at home now but when he tried to spend two hours at work, mainly supervising, he found it more exhausting than he expected so had to admit he will have to pace himself about returning to normal.
  • Good morning on yet another showery day. Cold is going, but on ABs for an infection – prescribed by “Advanced Nurse Practitioner”. Tired.

HEATHER – glad you are okay. Do take care of yourself as well as watching over the brood!

DIANE – sorry about your computer panic – I hope the new day runs smoothly for you.

LINDA – surprised your nephew tried returning to work – didn’t even expect he was able to get up and get dressed! He really must be careful!

Having a slow day today in preparation for hospital appt tomorrow – Cardiac Ultrasound (follow up to my hospital stay in July). Nothing major here, just a couple of possible small deliveries.
  • Not surprised you're feeling tired, OG, if its turned into an infection. Hope the meds do the trick. I've been asked to do another blood test for the complaint I had, beginning now about 3 months ago! In the meantime, as I've only talked to doctors on the phone and have given blood tests, nothing has been resolved and in fact I feel a whole lot better now. Reckon it was some kind of viral infection which has now sorted itself out!! Just as well, as not had any actual treatment nor seen anyone. <sigh>

Sue's son can't drive the car, of course, but his wife is ferrying him around when she is not at work. He is struggling to get dressed and things like that but feels a whole lot better and the docs and physios are happy with his progress.
  • No worrries from this quarter. I'm pretty much a hermit. I like keeping up with news but I'm not so good at keeping it up myself!

Heather B said:
    Sorry I'm not very communicative - family issues take over and then I lose enthusiasm for chatting !

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs