WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY AUGUST 22, 2021

Hallo all.  Just back to hotel from day with friend.

Rosy:  Sounds like an exciting day for the 12-iyear-old.

I'll be here for another night, then heading hom early Monday.....

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• Was sorry to hear that the famous singer, Don Everly, had died recently. What beautiful music he and his brother made for us all.

Heather, I hate shouty people. Some just do it all the time!

Sue has reported seeing sunshine at last in Wales, and has now gone off for a day with her family who are staying nearby, but she plans to come home tomorrow, sadly. She has enjoyed her walks and read two books, so I think she has still enjoyed herself

I hope that Annette has a good and safe journey home today and that she had a good time with her friends.

• Morning all: Thanks for all your news. Did not explore beyond the beetle at this point! Now enjoying (well, maybe that's a stretch) a cup of (hotel) coffee in bed before I leap into the shower, get breakfast, then load up the car and head home.
  • At this point I need to offer a sincere apology to Aquilareen.  Our clueless government has appointed Ian Botham as a trade envoy to Australia.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Clare - I did wonder whether the newsreader at lunchtime was mixing up two reports. 'Ian Botham' and 'trade' in the same sentence? Pardon?
  • Good Morning. Grey & cloudy skies here, but no doubt it will clear later.

Just stripping my bed (& me!) as my dear OH brought me a nice hot mug of tea, then promptly leaned over me to say goodbye, and spilled a half of it over both me and the bed!! Very hot & made me jump! He is very contrite of course, and I don't think he'd noticed that I'd just picked it up.

Hope that Annette is now safe at home and having a rest to get over her trip.
  • What a nuisance LINDY but of course it was an accident and I have an image of him bending over to give you a quick kiss before he left !
  • CLARE – No worries. Ian B’s appointment is so important that I have seen nothing on Aussie media about it!!! He’s some sort of sportsman?

LINDA – What! Didn’t OH stay to change bed or even help?

I woke from post-lunch nanny nap feeling dizzy which didn’t go away. Luckily I had planned a lazy tea. Which I could hardly eat but I feel much better for having had some. Too bad that flinging and hair wash were on the agenda this arvo.

• Today I started gardening. . . I planted myself in front of the TV and I sat there the entire day.

If there are only 2 programs on TV worth watching, they will always be at the same time.

Remote controls are quite handy. They let you see that there’s nothing worth watching on TV a lot faster. (Melanie White)

• AQ - Hoping that you now feel more normal, after eating something. Maybe it's your blood sugar or something (says I, who knows nothing about it!)

My OH went off very flustered after what happened, and worried about being late, as it's vital that he is on time today. He has an appointment at lunchtime to have the dentist look at a tooth which was filled about 5 or 6 weeks ago, but has still been giving him pain every time he eats. I nagged, but he was adamant that he needed to wait "for it to settle down". This was after having had pain for two or three months before he got his filling fixed. So now in fact it's now quite a time since the saga began. <sigh>

Bedding & nightie on the line, now, and I'm cleaning floors - oh joy!
  • PS -- I wish I could give Ian Botham your answer.... He is a cricketer from way back and seems to think he is of some importance!