WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY AUGUST 22, 2021

Hallo all.  Just back to hotel from day with friend.

Rosy:  Sounds like an exciting day for the 12-iyear-old.

I'll be here for another night, then heading hom early Monday.....

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• ANNETTE  If you google Thames Valley Police helmet you will get the picture

• Hello all, I must confess I haven' t looked back over all the pages but what I have seen, thanks for your news.

OG - its good to hear from you. I had a good grounding in Faith and both our kids had a reasonable grounding, just my dau has gone on to persevere with hers and is active in the church she attends. Meanwhile i go to a local Baptist church where the congregation is mainly made up of a more elderly congregation although we are getting a few younger families etc coming along. Restrictions are slowly being lifted and last Sunday we had live music, ie the organ, and it was so lovely to be able to sing our praises once again.

Celebrated our WA and OH's birthday today with a takaway Chinese,/ lovely flowers from Son and also OH and Dau so the house is full of flowers at present. At our age you don't need gifts as such, we just do a token one.

Will look in further on in the week, take care all.
  • dibnlib: Ah so - the police were still wearing those when I grew up! Thank you.

Lynette: Congrats (belated) on the WA. :-)
  • Good morning, all. A very heartfelt RIP to Charlie Watts who, incredibly, still performed to such an amazing age. I'm so glad I went to see the Rolling Stones (back in 1994) at a packed Wembley Stadium with my then 64-year-old mother, who I'd surprised with a ticket the previous Christmas. The atmosphere was brilliant - it was like being at the best party ever. My mother (who had never been to such a large venue for a concert) was happily dancing away with everyone else, so it was definitely worth surprising her with the ticket.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good. Morn ing. Grey skies here again today. Only 15 degrees at present.

Lynette, congrats on your Anniversary. Like Christmas, they seem to come around quicker these days! The year shortens somehow.

Something to give you all a sharp intake of breath--- Sue heard from Awful Cousin last night, shortly after getting home. Cousin is going to be 84 this winter, but is hoping to come here next year from Canada "for one last time"!!!!!!
  • Lindybird said:
    Cousin is going to be 84 this winter, but is hoping to come here next year from Canada "for one last time"!!!!!!

Oh, blimey.  Just what you needed ........ not!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• My beautiful blue flowers have lasted for ages, and never been so plentiful. I'll remember their name in a minute!!!

They're just going over now, so I must feed the bulbs ready for next year.

• Clare, thanks for your memories of the Rollling Stones.
  • I'd recommend them to anyone. I remember watching Mick Jagger prancing across that stage as though he was in his twenties - he is an amazing performer. I think that when you're that good at doing whatever you do then age should be no barrier to continuing to do it.