WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY, JULY 11, 2021

Alas!  No pretty pictures a la Diane.  But welcome to the new week anyway.  And don't miss Lindybird's photos of cake and kiddie on last page of last week. 

• Good Morning. A dull sky here, and it's rained in the night. Well, that's the end of the sport dominating the TV, for now. Even this morning it's hard to see if there's any other news around the world. I thought that at least it teaches the youngsters that losing is part of life.

Lynette, glad you're getting treatment and hope all goes well.
  • Lindy - Don't forget the Open Golf from Thursday to Sunday this week. I agree - football has taken over all media to the extent that it seemed the rest of the world was standing still, which of course it most certainly wasn't. I caught an interview on the radio yesterday evening about it - one person was complaining that the first thirteen minutes of a half-hour news bulletin was taken up by football, and that was before the semi-final. I quite agree - everything in moderation, and F******l has certainly not been in moderation. Anyway, glad it's all over now - until the next time!
  • A dozen pasties in the oven. OH has been waiting weeks for me to make them.

Football is mid season DownUnder, mostly Aussie Rules but also soccer. Rugby is increasing. I can’t see the point of running like crazy and throwing oneself on the ground. Our news gives a precis of the latest football injury with “more details later in Sport”. When the Sport section comes on, I disappear to wash dishes. Interstate matches have been chaotic with border closure, footballers granted exemption to travel (sport = essential service, did you know?).

• Just a thought

Quietness is the beginning of virtue. To be silent is to be beautiful. Stars do not make a noise. (James Stephens)

• Oh dear Just discovered Tour de France....   But good grief!  They are followed by cars and motorbikes with people perched on the backs of the bikes filming - and such curves on those mountains.  Nerves of steel.   I'm sure AQ is up on all of this.....      Scenery is wonderful

• Tour de France is always worth a watch but must say haven't done so this year. Must remember to take a peak tomorrow..

OH will be glued to the tele most of the day for the next 1 day International against Parkistan. Usually take the end as it
    encrouches on the evening programmes..

They say wer're in for a mini heatwave possibly from tomorrow, we can only wait and see. Dull summer so far.
  • ANNETTE – It was scary at first watching the Tour de France. Now I find it exhilarating, tearing downhill at breakneck speed (as I would never dare!) With a few more “evenings” in the Pyrenees I can expect more very late nights. <yawn>

• No one is watching until you make a mistake.

Everyone knew it was impossible, until a fool who didn’t know came along and did it. (Albert Einstein)

An idea is a funny little thing that won’t work unless you do.

• Good Morning. A brighter start to the sky today and it feels more like summertime.

Much discussion about the easing of restrictions, here in the UK, as from next Monday. I do so wish they wouldn't call it "Freedom Day". This will not mean freedom for the many who are still vulnerable. I appreciate that the government have to balance between the social and economic pressures, but I do so wish they had been firmer about mask wearing, rather than leaving it up to personal choice. Many people we know say that they will continue to wear masks but we are all aware that many will ditch them.