WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY, JULY 11, 2021

Alas!  No pretty pictures a la Diane.  But welcome to the new week anyway.  And don't miss Lindybird's photos of cake and kiddie on last page of last week. 

• A lovely morning here.
    I'm somewhat preoccupied ( what's new ?) My stepson is proposing things relating to this house, me downsizing etc. I'm not against it but need to think things through.
  • AQ...Hope hubby enjoyed, long awaited pasties, phew! baking 12 at one go......... and love todays quotes.
    Did you see that lovely fort on stage 15 of the Tour?, amazing built 1680' Le Fort de Bellegarde' some fascinating history.

Keep well everyone.

• Sounds like lots to think about, Heather.

Sunny here. I went miles away, to exchange my trousers which don't fit, and buy more M&S goodies. Nearly forgot to take the trousers with me!! Quiet in the big shop, but big queues at the tills as not many open for you to pay- quite annoying.

Here is my deep peach rose which is opening now:

• Above the rose, is a pretty many flowered yellow clematis on our archway. 

• Annette, sorry to hear of how serious the fires are, and the intense heat in California. Another unusual weather event. Maybe this will become the norm - I hope not.
  • Morning all:
    '
    LINDYBIRD A spectacular rose! Fire are up north and here we're still blessed by our proximity to the ocean and are staying comfortable. Re masks, my UK nephew's young sons went back to school (young enough for no masks apparently) and both came down with Covid, then passing it on to their Dad in spite of his vaccination. Here in California, our Governor just announced that all kids going back to school this Fall must wear masks, but in Arizona they've never officially required masks (but guns are OK? go figure...); knowing my granddaughter, I'm assuming Ms. D will be wearing one. What a shambles, eh?

HEATHER: Is your stepson proposing you just get rid of alleged clutter (for their sake or yours?) or is there a larger long term plan in re the house?

Granddaughter and Ms. D are en route as I type. I didn't go to yoga last night as I decided to enjoy the last quiet evening at home for about 10 days.
  • HEATHER Take your time to think things through.
  • KATE – Those old castles perched up on craggy heights are amazing. I wonder how they were built. . . but of course, it was Plebs like me who slaved away, lugging stones & stuff up, up, up by hand. I often jot down names to Google next day for more info.

Last night’s bedtime was 1.20 AM. Woke this morn at usual time and in fruit/veg shop by 9.30 am. “What are you going to do the rest of today?” I wonder what checkout girl would have thought if I replied “Sleep”.

• Just a thought

You’re allowed to scream, you’re allowed to cry, but do not give up.