WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY, JULY 11, 2021

Alas!  No pretty pictures a la Diane.  But welcome to the new week anyway.  And don't miss Lindybird's photos of cake and kiddie on last page of last week. 

• I will be glued to the tennis this afternoon, even though there will be a bit of grunting and yelling. But the television will be firmly OFF this evening. I've managed to avoid football for the last however-long-it's-been (feels like a lifetime!) and I will probably hear the result on the 10.00pm radio news, unless I fall asleep before then! Being controversial, what an opportunity for Italy in both games ... (duck, Pat!!)
  • LOL, Pat!!

It certainly looks like beautiful weather there in Wimbledon. Everyone in their summer finery. Its about 20 degrees here, but still cloudy. I'm having a loll on the sofa after getting up very late today and not doing much when I did get downstairs. ;-)

Heather, hope maybe you're watching the tennis and that today you can have a small smile. Have you heard the one about how many more muscles it takes to frown, rather than beam? Seriously though, sorry you're not as cheerful as you might be. Do something extravagant. Buy yourself something or book a treat. You deserve it!
  • Juggling laundry and Wimbledon and the Tour de France. It's all happening!
  • Good grief! And now we have RIchard Branson high in the sky over New Mexico. I don't know what to look at next....!
  • Ha ha, ANNETTE ! You'll be going round in circles!
    LINDY - The cake must have been so good, you are perhaps right, a dish and a spoon might have been better but what the heck, if it was enjoyed.
    I'm never terribly happy these days, need a push to get going but it could be an awful lot worse ! Thanks for good advice, though :-)
  • Good end to Djokovic match but his last two opponents are the champions of the future I think. Meanwhile, commentator on the ground at the Branson camp in New Mexico was blabbing at full tilt (studio guy couldn't get a word in) and managed (perhaps in her excitement?) to mention "the Mojave Desert here in New Mexico...." Um.... Try Arizona? California? Utah?

Have ironing board primed for large load that I'll do when the big match starts....
  • Annette - Good luck with the ironing. It's mad here, football on every channel and no mention of Other News. Branson is going to be so smug about his out of this world trip......

I must have been unimpressed with the tennis final as I dropped off to sleep in my chair during the 3rd Set!

• Thanks Annette for starting us off.

AQ - love the quotes.

PatO - hate football, so was relegated to the conservatory whilst dau and OH watched it. I hear Italy won but
    only on penalties which I have always thought unfair but its only my opinion.

Watched the tennis till almost the end as I wanted to watch something else before football took over, so not sure
    who won. The Italian was certainly putting up a fight.

Lindybird - just looked at the pic of your cake, no wonder everybody was finger lickin, it looks gorgeous.

Heard from the hospital on Friday and have now made an appointment for a procedure on the 29th July which I hope will put an end to the painful H's. Its the preparation beforehand thats a nuisance. Also got to take a Covid 19 test as well.

Will look in again in the week. Have a good week, all.
  • Oh well. It was a good match, but it must be galling to lose under those circumstances.

LYNETTE: Glad you got an appointment.

It'll be a relief not to be glued to the TV (not that anyone was holding a gun to my head). Granddaughter and Ms. D arriving Tuesday, so busy days ahead....