Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 4 July 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The Moon turns new on July 9 or July 10 (depending on your location).

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

I'll be back tomorrow to make some replies. 

• Hello all. Dibnlib, I'm envious, should have been going to see the Queen's View when on holiday from July 19th. Unfortunately cancelled by operator so will just have to drool at your pic instead.

Belatedly - HAPPY 4TH JULY

OG - well at least you have someone coming to finish the kitchen, allbeit a little time away. Do hope J can get himself fixed up with something. It will keep him occupied.
  • Weather been mixed down here with showers and sunshine. Not sure what to do. Not a tennis fan but managed to watch our young 18 year old get through to the last 16.

Have a good week.
  • Ah, Dibnlib: memories!! I stayed in Pitlochry with my parents when a teenager, about a hundred years ago -- we loved the area and my father had studied the guide books and the maps and made sure we visited Queens View. Named after Queen Victoria who loved it, I believe. We loved it, too, and it stayed in my memory for ever. Such a beautiful part of Scotland.

We had an hours sunshine this morning, so didn't take a walk but sat outside in the pleasant warmth for a bit. We were waylaid by two different visitors however, who each wanted to chat for rather too long. In the afternoon, we were invited over to have coffee with some friends here, but instead of enjoying a catch up, were subjected to over two hours of medical discussions which quite wore me out!! Phew!!
  • My sky tonight ..
    Youngest up and we are enjoying her company..
    Both dogs excited as they love her ..
  • Wendyb: That's some sky.

Lindybird: Oh dear, those kinds of catch ups can leave you quite discouraged.

Just about finished my assignment and will now put it away until tomorrow when I'll read it with fresh eyes and wonder what the heck I was thinking!
  • Hi, all! 

OG: I'm glad 2 of the mice have returned. I know you love watching them. I'm so very sorry that you damaged your foot. Sounds painful. I hope it's healing well. That's sad to hear that you must put up with continued delay for the kitchen contractor to finish the kitchen. I hope they will complete the project as soon as possible. I'm wishing that J can find a fulfilling, but not too stressful job. Sending luck his way. Hello to Eagle Eye.

Lindy: Those last peony photos were beautiful! (at the end of last week). Glad that Sue's neighbor has flown the coop. I feel sorry for Boris the dog. Like OG, I also wondered if Boris would take the first opportunity to escape and try to return to Sue. I hope the woman will seek therapy and mend her life. I hope you can find a solution that will hasten the healing of Bonnie's foot.

AQ: I liked your quote about patriotism. I consider myself a citizen of the world. From my U.S. perspective, patriotism is just a polite word for nationalism, and we have dangerous levels of that here.

dibnlib: That panoramic view is lovely!!!

Wendyb: That's a lovely sky photo! Enjoy your time with your youngest.

Heather: I can't remember whether I told you that I'm glad your son is improving. Hope it continues.

Annette: I don't know how folks in the Northwest coped with that heat, either. Sorry for your friend in Seattle. Glad the coastal overcast is keeping your conditions bearable. Good that you're finishing the "rush job" freelance gig so you can enjoy Wimbledon. I had to laugh at your last post. I've also completed a freelance gig, and then read it the next day with a sinking stomach, thinking "What have I done?!" LOL Hope yours is acceptable and you can enjoy your sports. I also hope your sister is improving, A. 

Clare: That Roller bird is sublimely beautiful!!! What a treasured moment for you. You'll never forget that. I looked at all your Rainham Marsh photos. Your photos are really expert, professional quality, Clare. Love that egret. Very engaging.

• To OG and anyone else who asked: The last of the Cicadas have now stopped their rattle-screeching song, and have passed on. I walked up the hill to my local small town this afternoon to get a few groceries. I noticed that my long driveway lane has a row of newly dug holes. So the Cicada babies must be on their way home under ground, where they will drink tree sap for 17 years. I wished them a safe journey. There were really only a few days when the volume of their song wore on my nerves. It was exciting to experience the emergence of creatures with such a strange life cycle.