Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 4 July 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The Moon turns new on July 9 or July 10 (depending on your location).

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

I'll be back tomorrow to make some replies. 

• Lindy - Plain food and sleeping a lot sounds like a good plan ... for almost anything. Hope you feel better soon. And hope you get a good report from the vet. (That sounds odd, but I'm not going to change it - perhaps the vet can come up with something for you as well as for Bonnie!)

I have worked very hard over the past few weeks to avoid any mention and particularly any view of football. I have pretty much succeeded, although news reports are not quite so easy. I have come to the conclusion it's far more difficult NOT to get involved than it is to get involved! I enjoy most sports, but I have always hated football, considering it all about money.... and I deplore the way the so-called 'fans' behave. (Oh goodness, I really am turning into a GOW!!!)
  • I agree, PAT !
    LINDY - I hope that you will feel better soon and that something can be sorted for Bonnies pad.
    OG - Good that you have a date for some things, if not all. Plus, fingers crossed for J.
  • Morning all:  Have Wimbledon on mute right now as the young woman from Belarus (I think) is a screamer.  Really enjoyed the England-Denmark match but as always, felt sorry for the loser.  Don't know enough about the sport to know whether that penalty shot that won the match was awarded fairly or not; obviously the Danish fans didn't think so.  EDIT:  Just read that some idiot pointed a laser at the Danish goalie during the match and yes, that England fans were seriously churlish by creating a disturbance during the Danish national anthem.  I heard  that and thought the problem was in the broadcast department.  Still, I supposed it's better than having these thugs in a confined space rather than off fighting a war with someone...   

Diane: Will be fine starting the thread, but really sorry to hear things are so overwhelming.  Sounds like your relative (aunt?) has nobody else to help...    Can you fill out those forms while dog-sitting in Indianapolis?  Hugs to you.

Lindybird:  I've diagnosed your problem - it was that depressing chat about ailments you had with those neighbors in Wales. Verbal symptoms are very contagioius!.  Seriously, glad the test was negative; do take care.

OG: Hope the spare part arrives; sounds like a very busy morning

• PAT O I think there are many who would agree with you about football. I certainly didn't watch the match and won't on Sunday either but I am glad that England won.
  • LOL Annette!! -- It was tiring listening to long descriptions of Doctors appointments and treatments. Afterwards I was tired out! I like to seem sympathetic, and be a listening ear for people, but some don't know when to stop.

The vet said that Bonnie just needs more time, and gave my OH a new head cone for her to wear. Her claw has been cutting into her skin as we've had to bind her foot tightly, or she could get it off. She suggested a little cotton wool to protect it.
  • We both watched the football game, here: I got used to enthusiasm for sport when a child, as my father loved all sport, whatever kind. When I married, this continued, as we had two boys. My OH only watches major matches so that's alright with me. He also sits with me to enjoy the tennis, and we both sometimes watch the Formula One racing. Personally, I prefer watching rugby to football but I don't have time to follow the rugby. He does watch golf when he can, of course!

I think this latest football fever has been a good thing: everyone needed something to give life a bit of a lift, and it has brought folks from all walks of life together. It really doesn't matter now if England doesn't win the thing, it's been the drama and excitement of it.

I do feel for those who don't enjoy sport and whose evenings have been disrupted. Most nights there's nothing on but football and tennis! Not ideal.

I just "spoke" to our two year old granddaughter on the phone. She was playing with a metal spoon and the kitchen colander, so there were some good accompanying sound effects!! We are so looking forward to seeing the family at the weekend.
  • Diane - Hope you can find a few moments to relax in your heavy schedule but do hope elderly relative comes through and also the dog sitting is successful and the poorly one pulls through. We'll miss your starts but family and other commitments have to come first. All the best.

Wedy, that sky was something, absolutely gorgeous.

Have skimmed through alll your news, too many to reply to but hope all that is going on is fruitful.
  • The weekend looming and still changeable weather. Hope you all have a good weekend.
    Won't be watching the football as I hate the game, instead relagated to the conservatory and will watch
    something on our other tele.

Cricket is also on so probably watch that, watched the first ODI today and England made it look easy with a new
    team.
  • This morn I escaped with camera. It was a bit nippy, about 7 C. I captured 2 buildings and the ornate interior of another. The memorial fountain I had planned to photo was decorated with orange hazard flags. <sigh> Final call to large library and I staggered out with 8 books. . . into a shower of rain! Home for lunch and nanny nap. I just looked at next week’s forecast as I have another photo escape planned. Alas, showers all week. I need a lady’s maid to hold an umbrella over me while I snap pics LOL.

• You’ve obviously mistaken me for someone who cares. (bumper sticker)

It does not matter whether you win or lose, what matters is whether I win or lose! (Steven Weinberg)

I did not trip and fall. I attacked the floor and I believe I am winning.