Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 4 July 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The Moon turns new on July 9 or July 10 (depending on your location).

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

I'll be back tomorrow to make some replies. 

• Good Morning. Dry here but very clouded over.

Preparing to dash home as lots to do there when we return, then of course my OH wants to see The Match tonight.
  • OG - Yes I am tired but it is self-inflicted. I like watching the Tour de France – for the scenery, not the cycling – and most races end about 1 am or later (our time). The only chance I have to see the scenery. I shall not travel overseas again and certainly would not be helicopter-ing over the valleys, mountains, castles, ruins, churches that are so old and unlike our country.

LINDA – Safe journey home.

• Money isn’t everything, but it sure keeps the kids in touch.

People say money can’t buy happiness. They lie. Money buys coffee, coffee makes me happy!

I never imagined I’d go up to the bank teller with a mask on and ask for money. (Covid sign)

• LINDY Thanks for the pics of the crocosmia. I just love them and we have them in the rockery and they will flower soon I hope.
  • AQ: Hysterical!

Glued to Wimbledon right now with first cup of coffee, which is horrible, given that I inadvertently bought Fat Free Half-and-Half (a blend of milk and cream). Whoever came up with that idea should be drowned in it. Yuk!
  • Garden time rained off on a very strange day. OH phoned plumber yesterday to come and tighten kitchen tap he arrived before 8:00 am – you can guess where I was, but I did get up soon after. Next arrival was main adapter (floor, winch etc) of our vehicle - a routine check on behalf of Motability. He had been on phone to secondary adapter (seat) and they “hope” to receive extra part “soon” – so do we! I insisted I wanted to sit in the garden after lunch but as soon as I was out there I felt a drop of rain and heard first thunder, so I insisted on coming in! OH tried to carry on with some weeding, but rain went on quite a while (no more thunder) so he is now busy indoors, with help from J who postponed his intended walk to town.

Thanks for all the crossed fingers for J – may be able to say more at the weekend.

LINDA – lovely Crocosmia photos – they always deliver. I hope you had a safe journey home and a gentle arrival – no rushing around, I hope. You might find that your Buddleia is showing colour now – I think the thundery weather has brought ours into bloom.

AQ – glad you are enjoying the European scenery – drone camerawork has added a lot more detail too. Thanks for more good quotes!

I shall probably watch at least part of the match tonight – I hope England will score early again; I am sure that boost to their confidence led to last Saturday’s win. I suppose most folk here in Scotland will be cheering for Denmark!
  • Annette - That half milk/ half cream stuff sounds dreadful.

OG - Hope he fixed the tap!! An early awakening. Hope you get progress on the other kitchen things soon.

We are back home again and busy catching up. My sweet peas have reached the top of their frame and one of the clematis is in full flow.

There was a very soggy cardboard parcel left on our front step -- it had been there for 3 days, I know, because I had a message while away saying that it had been delivered, and "handed to resident!!!"
  • LINDA - the metter of the parcel needs to be followed up with the courier - but also with the sender - that is very poor service!

Second adapter phoned this afternoon - bringing and fitting the "Tilda" (presumably Swedish for "tilter") next Monday!!!
  • Yay! England into the EURO finals (watched it this evening; was gone most of the day). But OMG, whatever happened to Roger Federer at Wimbledon. :-(

Lindybird: I made the mistake of reading the ingredients on the Fat-Free Half-and-Half: Skimmed milk and some weird corn derivative. I've got the real stuff for tomorrow's coffee.