LOCH OF THE LOWES - JULY 2021

• When I looked in a while ago I was just about to type ENS when with a sharp chip one of the youngsters flew in and landed on the thick perch at the back Then another LR started fish calling from the distance so the one at the nest joined in I think perhaps it is LR1 with the loudness of the call Thecam zoomed in and looked around the nest, perhaps to identify whether there was any left over fish but it looked empty The cam then zoomed in on the dead birch where 2 birds could be seen
  • In reply to patily:

Thanks, Patily. Here's a snapshot of the birch close up (17:25ish)

©SWT/LotL

• In reply to Sandra :

NC0 delivered a fish around 17:30. I didn't see a dive from the birch so she must have caught it elsewhere. LR2 was on the perch at the time (gosh, he's got a voice on him too!!). 

He attempted a steal but NC0 managed to keep hold of it

She fed him...

...and then LR2 who had made an appearance

18:07 NC0 alone on the nest

©SWT/LotL

• In reply to Sandra :

18:18 A youngster is screaming right above the cam!!

18:20 Both have now joined NC0. I wonder if Laddie is around with a fish?

NC0 has since flown and is on the birch

©SWT/LotL

• In reply to Sandra :

NC0 with a fish 19:16. What a battle LR2 had to take it from her!

It took a lunge from LR2 to make NC0 release her talons from the fish

©SWT/LotL

• 19:47 Laddie to the nest with a fish this time. LR2 was still enjoying his fish, LR1 was on the perch - she made no attempt to retrieve it from Laddie

Laddie flew away, leaving the fish on the nest.. LR2, with his fish, approached the new delivery

I'm not sure if LR1 knew the fresher fish was there

NC0 arrived and took Laddie's delivery. She started to feed herself while LR2 continued to eat his

20:07 NC0 feeding LR1, LR2 still with his

Same scenario at 20:11

©SWT/LotL

• In reply to Sandra :

20:27 LR1 turned away from the feed and flew from the nest

20:33 NC0 continued to eat

©SWT/LotL

• In reply to Sandra :

NC0 left the nest approx. 20:47. She could be seen dipping her talons a couple of times immediately after leaving and also made a splashdown.

Once exited from the water, she flew from left to right, behind the trees at the back of the nest, before coming back round to finally land on the birch

©SWT/LotL

• In reply to Sandra :

Sandra P said:
    NC0 with a fish 19:16. What a battle LR2 had to take it from her!

Oh dear, this is one of those "I've started so I'll finish" - I didn't want to edit out any of the skygazing interludes...