Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 27 June 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

Everyone have a serene and joyful week! 

• Lindybird said:
    Clare, my 1st thoughts were for the spouses of those involved. And they have three children each, apparently, too.

Oh, no - that's really sad.  How foolish and thoughtless they have both been.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• By the way, Limpy and I went to Minsmere on Wednesday - there's a short thread here if anyone would like to see some photos.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Camera outing this morn but I avoided meeting or speaking to people. I saw a few humans from a distance in streets which, being Monday, were very quiet. This pm I learn that SA is going into pre-emptive restrictions for a week. Masks in high risk areas, pubs back to 1 per 2 sq metre rule, etc. No covid cases in SA or TAS but all other states have Delta variant spreading.

Each week a few passenger & many freight planes arrive in Aussieland; air crew are required to spend turnaround time in quarantine. Two weeks ago a limo driver caught the virus after transporting air crew. (Was he wearing his mask?) From that one case, covid has spread in Sydney to 130 people. Also to other states. A Perth woman visiting Sydney, met son in a café, returned to WA, tested negative & OK to go home. She returned to work last Tues, felt unwell Friday, tested positive Saturday. WA Premier is not wasting time – one case and he increased restrictions Sunday. Even cancelled crowd at football.

• Just a thought

In a time of crisis, the peoples of the world must rush to get to know each other. (Jose Marti)

• Today’s quote was in response to the Aussie unfolding crisis. Not the stupidity UpOver.
  • Good Morning. Dry but cloudy here.

AQ, I heard about the limo driver and the consequences. Here, people seem divided now - some still sticking to the rules and some seemingly fed up with being careful - there is a noticeable difference when out and about. Glad to hear you got out for a while.
  • One less thing to worry about! Son's leg wound is beginning to heal, nurse is pleased and so are we! He has lost a stone in weight so far, which pleases me. He could reverse his Type 2 diabetes.....and his knees would also benefit !
  • We also made it to Rainham Marshes on Saturday, for the first time in nearly three years!  If you'd like to see some photos click on Froggy:

• Clare - Wonderful that you are out and about again with your camera. Really enjoyed being at Minsmere and Rainham Marshes through your lens and your expertise. Thank you so much for sharing those wonderful pictures with us.

Happy Monday, everyone. We have just had a long and extremely heavy rain/hail storm which has battered the roses - again - and now the sun is trying to break through. Weird weather or what?1?!? I was at Hickstead over the weekend - Saturday sunny and warm, Sunday freezing cold and extremely wet. English summer!!

Heather - Glad your son's leg is healing well. I would like to lose a stone - but not have to struggle with what he has been through. Hope everything continues positively.
  • Lovely pics, Clare. Looks as if you've had a good day there. I've never seen a reed warbler but I expect I've heard one, without knowing what it was!

Heather, so pleased to hear positive news about your son.

Grey skies still, here, but it's not unpleasant. Anyway, I've spent my time busily doing housework so feeling virtuous now. I don't know if anyone else has felt that their attitudes to housework have changed since the lockdowns, but as no one was coming into the house I became quite lazy, but now and then suddenly got galvanised into action by feeling ashamed of the state of things! Then I went around like a dervish! This seems to have stayed with me as a habit now.

We've made an appointment with the Vet for Bonnie tomorrow, as she is well overdue for her annual jabs. Also the vet can cast an eye over how her foot is healing up. She is languishing in her cone now as we're trying to get as much fresh air on it as possible.