Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 2 May 2021

• Gorgeous colour, Lindy.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• LINDA – I want to click the “jealous” button!

Not a drop of rain here today. They have removed the “possible showers” from the next few days’ forecasts. O ye weather gods, it’s May, for goodness sake!

• Waiting for the rain...
    A quick update regarding daughter and her problems at work. She is to have a Zoom meeting with her senior boss tomorrow. Her feelings of nervousness are quite acute, so the powers that be have arranged that she will not be alone while at work. She and one other cleaner will work together, still covering their areas of the school. I hope that this time, the offender will be dealt with appropriately.
  • In reply to Lindybird:

LINDY Of course she got a treat.....no one could resist.
  • In reply to Heather B:

HEATHER I hope the offender is dealt with properly.
  • Heather:  Hope things get sorted for your daughter...

AQ:  Re the grandma with the anti-vaxer daughter; if it's not too late, I'd tell the grandma to get the vaccine and then lie and say she didn't.  Ghastly solution, but there are none so blind as those who will not see (or something like that).  All this had me wondering if there were people running around during the bubonic plague claiming it was all a hoax.  Don't you hate it when you see the little droplets disappear from the 7-day forecast.   :-(

Another busy day in the garden yesterday.  Will pass on Tai Chi this morning to give creaky limbs a rest...

• In reply to Annette in SoCal:

You sound like I feel, ANNETTE ! I can do vertical and horizontal but the bendy bits are protesting somewhat.
  • Good Lord. Where is everybody?
  • Hi Annette

I'm awake and watching my early morning wood pigeon.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• I’ve been Out. Dau needed to go to Ikea and collected OH & me. Although it is 5 mins away, I have never visited. What a rabbit warren! Luckily Dau knew all the shortcuts, got most of her purchases and then we went to café for lunch. Swedish meatballs? People rave about them? I thought they were boring. – didn’t tell Dau though. I much prefer my Swedish meatball recipe.