LOCH GARTEN UPDATES AND WEBCAM INFORMATION - 2021

Until the webcam is up and running and we go back to Daily Updates on the Nest, this thread is for posting any information about LOCH GARTEN. 

Fergus has written a new blog with details of when the Centre will be opening - May 1st.  

LINK TO BLOG

• How very nice to see you back MOFFER I've missed you And how wonderful to hear of an osprey on the nest Let's hope it will be a pair soon and they bond and have a successful season Wonder if the bird has been here before Wishful thinking I suppose but it would be magical if it was one of our dear EJ's and Odin;s offspring
  • henry w said:

I think MarykGKs post shows the Osprey on the nest. I would be surprised is Scylla isn't redording and we get a video later, although it will still show a bird from long distance. 

• CRinger said:
    is this what I would call 'live streaming' - like the Poole Harbour cam, or does the picture update only after x number of seconds? The reason I ask is that the foliage on the trees sems remarkably still with very little breeze or movement. 

It's supposed to be live streaming but I think only Peter at Carnyx can tell us whether this is as good as it gets, CRinger.  I'm too busy throwing my toys out of the pram to give it deep thought.

This must be the anti-climax of the 21st century so far.

• moffer said:
    I have been trying to log in and post since the cam went live.
    Osprey!!!
    Hello everyone. nice to see you all :) :)

I'd have missed you altogether had it not been for PATILY greeting you!  Marvellous Moffer, I hope you're going to stay now that you're in, and spoil us with supersnaps Heart eyes 

• scylla said:

CRinger said:
    is this what I would call 'live streaming' - like the Poole Harbour cam, or does the picture update only after x number of seconds? The reason I ask is that the foliage on the trees sems remarkably still with very little breeze or movement. 

This must be the anti-climax of the 21st century so far.

https://youtu.be/fSW-s14csck

Scylla, sometimes you disappoint me! When will you learn that you shouls neer use the words Syclla and anti-climax in the same sentence? Brilliant job to capture what is the first reported Osprey on this world famous nest in 2021. An iconic moment in the history of LG. 

• Sorry - 'should' and never;. !
  • Unknown said:
    Maybe it's George......

Sadly we will never know. What I think we can assume is that there were sadly no LG staff or volunteers at the centre at 4.15 this afternoon as otherwise the camera would have been zoomed in. Such a pity. 

• Definitely live stream as you can see movement on dead tree at bottom corner of picture
  • How wonderful to have a cam at LG once more.   Interesting comment on chat...  presumably 'our' Fergus.

16:23 Fergus Cuillin    ​Our camera is set on wide angle at the moment and we don't want to startle the osprey by moving it just yet.

I'm not aware of other sites who have recorded this as a concern?