LOCH GARTEN UPDATES AND WEBCAM INFORMATION - 2021

Until the webcam is up and running and we go back to Daily Updates on the Nest, this thread is for posting any information about LOCH GARTEN. 

Fergus has written a new blog with details of when the Centre will be opening - May 1st.  

LINK TO BLOG

• Many thanks for the update, Peter and Team.  We are most grateful for your updates and looking forward to seeing the nest again after all this time.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Thank you for the update, Peter.  It wouldn't be LG without lotsa probs - I won't say SNAFU Heart eyes

SheilaFE said:
    it looks as tho there will also be a chat facility

If the've got any sense of self-preservation they'll disable it, unless there's a team of volunteer monitors available - trolls abound Confounded 

IMAGICAT

• I have a live camera view of the LG nest from Peter's Carnyx site.
    Seems to have changed to the nest view about 15 minutes ago.
  • Thanks Mike!

and  WOW  !!!

What a wonderful sight :-)

Just need an osprey, well actually two - a male and a female now!

• Hey all!
    www.rspb.org.uk/.../

Our camera has gone live on the 360 cam. Our nest camera has bitten the dust but it is better than what we had before! I hope you guys keep your eyes peeled and let us know if you see anything!

F
  • Sorry  I am a confirmed technophobe - but I know a friend who will be able to answer my stupid question................. her name begins with S and ends with a............ I am sure others will also know.......... is this what I would call 'live streaming' - like the Poole Harbour cam, or does the picture update only after x number of seconds? The reason I ask is that the foliage on the trees sems remarkably still with very little breeze or movement. 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Karen W said:

Thanks Mike!

and  WOW  !!!

What a wonderful sight :-)

Just need an osprey, well actually two - a male and a female now!

===========================================================

It looks kinda dusty from lack of use - c'mon you ospreys! Hugging Hugging Hugging 

IMAGICAT

• 16:15 -  Osprey on the nest!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• He / she is sideways on and the camera is zoomed out - little idea whether male or female. But he / she looks quite large = female? Now it looks like the picture is indeed 'streaming'.

• Fergus C said:
    Hello all,

.There have been no signs of ospreys nesting at the moment but we have heard reports that they are back in the local area. You will be the first to hear if there is anything that turns up on our nest. .

Wow! What a remarkable coincidence that the same day the camera is on we have the first reported Osprey on the nest!