LOCH GARTEN UPDATES AND WEBCAM INFORMATION - 2021

Until the webcam is up and running and we go back to Daily Updates on the Nest, this thread is for posting any information about LOCH GARTEN. 

Fergus has written a new blog with details of when the Centre will be opening - May 1st.  

LINK TO BLOG

• 4:26 leaves the nest.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Amazing! Just what we are all hoping for. Let’s hope he/she attracts another osprey soon. Fingers crossedFingers crossedBlush
  • Is the webcam going to be staying at this distance, as it is not easy spotting an Osprey Grinning

Good to see an Osprey on the nest though, hope they get a mate and the nest is successful once again. 

• MaryGK said:

Is the webcam going to be staying at this distance, as it is not easy spotting an Osprey 

Not sure. An earlier picture showed it zoomed into the nest much closer - it is controlled at the centre, so I assume they will leave it zoomed in at a particular point when they leave the centre for the day. Their decision.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Thanks Cringer - such a pity they couldn't get the nest cam working.    At least if this cam zooms in a little it will be easier to spot any activity on the nest. 

• I have been trying to log in and post since the cam went live.
    Osprey!!!
    Hello everyone. nice to see you all :) :)
  • And good to see you too, Moffer :-)
  • MaryGK said:

Thanks Cringer - such a pity they couldn't get the nest cam working.    At least if this cam zooms in a little it will be easier to spot any activity on the nest. 

Although we couldn't see the chest of the bird to get an idea about sex this was very strange behaviour for a bird who has not been to this nest before. I have seen many Ospreys land on a nest for the first time and the behaviour is consistent - very nervous - looking around all the time in case the nest is occupied and it might be attacked by the incumbent. This bird seemed quite relaxed and appeared to be preening. Very strange.

• Hi everybody... yeah I know I've not been around for a while... long story !
    I've seen two ospreys fly over so far this year down on the Firth of Forth, both heading north... though one appeared to be climbing on the thermals yesterday... brought a tear to my eye...
    The cold winter meant I had 37 yellowhammers in the garden during the baltic snowy patch in february, and couldn't decide what the collective noun for them would be... but I was SO thrilled....
    I hope you are all well... I for one can't wait to make my own migration northwards this summer... best wishes and stay safe....
    PS did anyone catch a pic of the visitor earlier ??
  • Exactly what I was about to say.... lets hope its got a ring and we can identify it soon !