LLYN BRENIG, LLYN CLYWEDOG WELSH OSPREY PROJECTS CAPTURES & UPDATES MARCH 2021 TO END FEB 2022

• In reply to Gardenbirder:

Anne as I understand it (I have stayed away from Brenig for the last few days) the "illegal" nest was mounted on the short pole where the project (NWWT/Welsh Water) had planned to out the nest they had constructed. It was decided that replacing the illegal nest with the project nest would be undesirable, as it would cause further disruption for the pair of ospreys. The pair therefore have 2 choices - the illegal nest mounted on a short pole and the nest by the island from which the buoy was removed on Saturday morning.
  • Thanks AG and Richard. If the birds choose the illegal nest platform, let's hope it remains intact and does not tip over or fall off completely into the lake!

Kind regards, 

Ann

• In reply to AG:

Llyn Clywedog 04 May

The rainbow you reported being reported on Chat, AG  

Just the brighter of the two ends, I got it from rollback and had to wait for it to strengthen:

I was late starting download, as so often 

Seren had been hoping for a fish lunch but Dylan brought a clump - it's lovely to see her looking dry, tho :-*

Not long after that - I couldn't see an intruder but they could - it didn't last long:

It got darker.  Dylan tried to persuade Seren to let him incubate but she would not be moved by a mere stick:

The weather then the FISH!