WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY MARCH 9, 2021

Hallo all!  Here some photos taken during my morning walks along Cathedral Oaks Blvd and the citrus orchards below the foothills.  The only thing that is missing are the oaks (!), but AQ will recognize the eucalyptus.  

• I'm thinking that poor OG found something in her food that shouldn't have been there....
  • Hello again! Late today, too. Excuse this time is that the Virgin Media service has been down, here - in fact it was completely off for much of the country! Seems to be fixed now, fingers crossed.

OG-- Sorry you had a disrupted dinner. I'm sure that if Birds Eye have let you down, you'll soon be onto them for a complaint and hopefully satisfaction ensues.

Diane sounds rather like one of my epic full colour, Oscar winning dreams,!! It can really discombobulate you for a while.

AQ-- Lovely sunrise!!
  • Spent ages on the phone this morning to Sue, who is as incandescent as I about how damaging all this drama is to the Queen. We decided we had at least vented our feelings to each other, but were frustrated that we can't influence the media either here or across the pond.

Today has brought a new heap of different opinions, with celebrities and the public joining in, and mostly taking sides. It's all rather sad, though, and as Sue pointed out, our poor Queen still has the Prince Andrew scandal to cope with, later.
  • PS -- OG, I don't think you'll feel calm after watching the interview!!
  • I felt much the same as you and OG,, LINDY. As ANNETTE said, bridges burned. And for what?
    AQ - Not good about the waste water stuff. And on World radio last night info about millions of eucalyptus trees dead and dying in your country?
  • Morning all:  Pouring with rain here!  Yay!

Diane:  Those folks in your dreams: They weren't wearing MAGA hats were they?

Thought the statement from Buck house was very diplomatic, including the gentle mention of recollections perhaps not jibing (had to smile at that), but you can imagine what they're saying behind the scenes.   I know the Queen comes across as stiff and not wildly empathetic, but she was thrust onto the throne - what - 70 years ago at age 26 and has kept her nose to the Royal grindstone ever since. Same for her parents, especially her father who didn't want to be King anyway but was left holding the royal baggage after what's-his-name ran off with what's-her-name and then buddied up with Hitler!  How many people (in the US at least) know she was the first Royal to become a fulltime member of the Armed Services (in the ATS); drove trucks and became a mechanic.  Then there was the debacle with poor Diana, then Fergie and her antics, then ghastly Andrew and now Harry doing a Duke of Windsor and running off to blab all to Hollywood celebrities.  At least my family's dramas don't show up on prime time television.  The Queen's a tough old lady, but she must be devastated by all this.  Why couldn't they just go away and be quiet?  Sorry, I keep saying I'm not going to say anything, and then I do!  Arghhh. Bop me on the head if I keep doing it.  :-)   

Lots of rain here overnight.  Yay!

• I watched The Interview on Tuesday ( recorded it and thank goodness I did - at least I could zap through the many advertisement breaks!). One phrase kept floating to the front of my brain - 'Well, she is an actress ...' Nuff said!!

Annette - It's pouring with rain here as well, has been all day and the forecast says it may continue until Sunday. Grrrr. I guess most of our grounds will revert to being a bog again.
  • Annette, I rarely comment on this thread. My thoughts are simply that if these two attention seeking children had an ounce of respect or consideration they would have stopped this interview out of deference to the Duke of Edinburgh 's current situation and HMQ.
    Just shows how little regard they have for Duty!!
  • Mike:  I was already wondering who'd show up/be invited to any future - um - funerals.  The Queen will rise to any occasion; she always has.  After all, she agreed to invite Donald Trump to tea (probably got indigestion afterward)!  Re Duty,  sometimes it does seem to be looked on as rather quaint and certainly not worth sacrificing one's own happiness for.....  Arghh.  Somebody bop me on the head!  :-)

• Annette, I read a report tonight where a supposed person in the know in Palace circles has described HM the Queen as "devastated". So you were right.

Also, apparently Prince Charles is "deeply saddened". I should think he has been pretty cut up about the whole thing. What a mess.

Ps. Also, Prince Charles has denied that he ever cut them off, financially.He said that in fact, it was just the opposite and he has been helping them. What the heck (!) is going on.