FLS ABERFOYLE 2021

• I didn't see any ospreys on the nest today on the odd occasion I looked in. Mind you, they've probably read the weather forecast and headed back to Africa
  • I only got empty nest from about 10:00 to 10:45, nothing else.

(Thanks for the Siskin ID, RICHARD.)

Tiger's Osprey Info & World Bird Cams

• The nest looks more level!

(c) FLS Aberfoyle

• A trip to Aberfoyle where staff confirmed they didn't try to mend the nest this/last year due to covid. They also said, as we have seen, the birds are occasionally on the nest to mate but don't seem to be nesting there. The area in the visitors' centre where you can normally see the nest from the other camera was sectioned off. Cold there, but lots of wood warblers.
  • In reply to Korky:

Thanks for your report, Korky. I hope you enjoyed your visit.
  • In reply to Korky:

Korky said:
    A trip to Aberfoyle

Saw you mention it on another thread, KORKY, so have dashed here to see your report   It's much as we suspected, then.  I'll continue to monitor the stream, who knows who may surprise us?

I seem to have got behind with this nest!

04 May

A full day but no-one seen all day.

05 May

I got a full day's worth - when the cam came up this bird was on the nest but gone in a few minutes:

They had some tiny snowflakes for a shortish while:

06 May

A hestitant start but well over 5 hours altogether - the only visitor was a Great Tit, which turned to face us for one frame:

• In reply to scylla:

scylla said:
    Saw you mention it on another thread, KORKY, so have dashed here to see your report

It was such a short report a gentle dawdle would have sufficed. 

• In reply to Korky:

Korky said:
    It was such a short report a gentle dawdle would have sufficed. 

I forgot to say that I was disappointed for you that you made the trip and didn't see any osps.  It's a bit more serious than me scrolling thru hours of empty nest, which is quite frustrating enough thank-you-very-much