Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 20 September 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY SEPTEMBER EQUINOX

The equinox is Tuesday in the UK, US, and Australia!

Everyone have a safe, healthy, joyful week!!!

• Just a thought

Happiness is the art of never holding in your mind the memory of any unpleasant thing that has passed.

• HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO CLARE AND LIMPY!!!  Ring

From me, too. Have a wonderful day!

• AQ: Happy to oblige with the cool weather. LOL

• AQ: Had to laugh at your OH's comment re snow on the peak of Mt. Lofty. :-) I think TV weather people learn an entirely new and redundant vocabulary. I've mentioned before our "precipitation situation" (rain), but lately we've been having wind "events." There's also an apparent unawareness of the purpose of the present tense as in. "Right now, t's 83 degrees in Paso Robles and 78 in Santa Maria at this hour." Now I'm shouting at Donald Trump and correcting English during the weather forecast!

Lindybird: I assume your OH will come and get you at some point or is another plan? Enjoy your time off; too bad about the internet issues.

Took out the last lavender today. Something of a relief as the garden looks much less crowded and some other plants, like the rockroses, will have a chance to breathe and spread out (and I won't have to spend ages deadheading the lavenders every time they bloom). I also have two Iceberg roses that have got cane borer. It's a bug that enters the pulpy interior of a stalk after it's been pruned (mea culpa for not putting a blob of Elmber's Glue on those ends)and then works its way down to the crown of the rose and up other canes. I think I'll take out those two and replace them with just one.

Thanks all for updates - and take care.

• ANNETTE – Our weather girl annoys me by telling us we will get a “splash” of rain, or a “sprinkle”, and other strange measurements. She refers to Brisbane as “Brizzy” - too bad if it were normal times and we had tourists listening. She enthuses when temp rises and moans bitterly if it rains (no thought for farmers) and wails when temp drops 5 C from day before when it was in 30s – it is so cold! Really? Cold? Tonight I expect she will moan that the snow fell in up north at Whyte Yarcowie, Hallett, Peterborough, etc. Mt Lofty only had hail.

• Good morning, all! Many thanks for the anniversary wishes. He's taking me out for a celebratory meal tonight - we're going to the pub at Felixstowe Ferry. I can't actually remember the last time we set foot in a pub - this one is worth the effort as it does a beer-battered cod which Limpy orders every time we go there! It's also one of those pubs which doesn't tend to draw the idiots, thankfully.

The weather here is disgusting, though at least our garden is looking increasingly green.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• CLARE Very Happy Anniversary to you both. Enjoy your night out.
  • HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, CLARE & LIMPY. Enjoy your day, and your meal out.

Dry here but unsettled predicted. My OH expected sometime this morning. I will be leaning over the jigsaw I'm nearing the end of.
  • Some pics of a chapel we passed the other day in the same tiny hamlet as the other one I showed recently. Specially for AQ, of course!