GLASLYN OSPREYS - AUGUST 2020 to end of FEBRUARY 2021

Link to  july-2020

Bywydd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife website/webcam >  https://www.glaslynwildlife.co.uk/live/

YouTube Live Stream (with chat) > www.youtube.com/watch

Public Facebook page > https://www.facebook.com/BywydGwylltGlaslynWildlife/

All captures and videos ©Bywyd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife

Blogs and videos to the season so far:

Mrs G returned 21st March, 10:36 > mrs-g-returns

Aran returned 3rd April, 12:08 > aran-returns

First egg laid 13th April, 12:08 > mrs-g-lays-first-egg-of-2020

Second egg laid 16th April, 18:17 > mrs-g-lays-second-egg-of-2020

Third egg laid 19th April, 19:01 > mrs-g-lays-3rd-egg-2020

First hatch 20th May, 10:52 > first-2020-chick-hatches

Second hatch 21st May, 17:59 > second-glaslyn-chick-of-2020-hatches

Third hatch 24th May, 12:52 > third-chick-hatches-on-glaslyn-nest

Chicks ringed 24th June > glaslyn-chicks-are-ringed

KC2 fledged 9th July, 14:48 aged 50 days > kc2-has-fledged

KC3 fledged 14th July, 9:36 aged 54 days > kc3-fledges

KC4 fledged 19th July, 18:44 aged 56 days > kc4-fledges

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The three juveniles are thriving under Mrs G and Aran's continued care, proving once again what formidable parents they are. Long may the season continue to be be hassle-free as it nears the time for migration

• I thought that KC4 was resting in a strange position when I first looked in but then realized it was an intruder What I didn't realize was that he had a large fish under him

The first and last pictures are from scroll back Whilst I was doing that KC4 flew off with the fish

• patily said:
    he had a large fish under him

I posted it but you BOPS'd me, PATILY   I think it was a mackerel that Aran had been eating in the tree where you saw him.

I just checked Chat (not thoroughly enough!) and saw someone report a female Redstart @ 06:30, which I had skimmed right past Open mouth  The only decent shots, because it was so tiny, were from when it behaved like a Hummingbird for a few seconds ;-D

• These two (no IDs) havve been waiting since 16:23...

• At last, and it looks a bigger fish that usual these past couple of days.  KC4 flew to the nest in good time and claimed it - as for KC2, she doesn't have her wits about her, she shouted, as if Aran might bring the fish to her on the perch, lol, and you can see she's just leaving it in the top right, far too late:

Now we get the ring numbers:

There's been a bit of a standoff between the two sisters, now KC4 is eating and KC2 standing aside forlornly.

It surely must be nap time here.

• Two just quietly chilling out

C BGGW

• It wasn't until 18:37 that KC2, annoyed by the Ravens, flew off, leaving KC2 standing over the remains of her fish (mullet?) and she flew a minute later.  Empty nest since then.

So KC2 got nothing to eat after all that waiting.

• scylla said:

It wasn't until 18:37 that KC2, annoyed by the Ravens, flew off, leaving KC4 standing over the remains of her fish (mullet?) and she flew a minute later.  Empty nest since then.

So KC2 got nothing to eat after all that waiting.

Sorry about last evening's garbled post.

I saw that someone said KC2 got the tailend but she did not.

This is her nearer the cam about to fly:

And this is KC4 flying with tailend:

That was the end of osprey action for the night, apart from flashes of flyabout shortly after.

• 14 August

Firstin was KC3 and he got a small whole fish, he flew with it right away:

YAY !!! Blush

Cam threw a wobbly, this is the only other view but at least it shows KC2 making off with her fish :)

08:45 micro-flyby:

Can't do any better on this one a minute later:

I can't ID this guy, who hovered for 2 seconds:

That's up to 11:13.

• Chaffie I think Scylla - hope it's slightly cooler in the metropolis today.
  • Unknown said:
    Chaffie I think Scylla - hope it's slightly cooler in the metropolis today.

I thought Chaffie too, CIRRUS, thanks!  And thanks, yes it's not nearly so bad today, at least the fans are not blowing hot air Sweat

==========

KC2 returned, on guard:

That's why:

After she'd polished off the corvids Wink did a real intruder turn up?

(Very short.)

Later, Aran was alerted after bringing a fish for KC3:

He gave chase, leaving KC3 to recover with the fine whole mullet he'd brought:

KC3 ate a little and flew off with almost the whole fish, hope he was careful!

14:03 KC2 was back:

Then to perch, flying off @ 14:12:

KC4 was on the nest for a couple of minutes:

Then to perch:

MrsG !!!

The cam left her there to follow an intruder in the sky but I couldn't see anything useful - but KC4 did, and feathers flew!

MrsG still on the tree!

14:30 she was having a preen:

KC4 remained on the perch and was joined by KC2 - the next fish delivery might not be a pretty sight ;)