GLASLYN OSPREYS - AUGUST 2020 to end of FEBRUARY 2021

• I thought that KC4 was resting in a strange position when I first looked in but then realized it was an intruder What I didn't realize was that he had a large fish under him

The first and last pictures are from scroll back Whilst I was doing that KC4 flew off with the fish

• In reply to patily:

patily said:
    he had a large fish under him

I posted it but you BOPS'd me, PATILY   I think it was a mackerel that Aran had been eating in the tree where you saw him.

I just checked Chat (not thoroughly enough!) and saw someone report a female Redstart @ 06:30, which I had skimmed right past   The only decent shots, because it was so tiny, were from when it behaved like a Hummingbird for a few seconds ;-D

Tiger's Osprey Info & World Bird Cams

• In reply to scylla:

These two (no IDs) havve been waiting since 16:23...

• In reply to scylla:

At last, and it looks a bigger fish that usual these past couple of days.  KC4 flew to the nest in good time and claimed it - as for KC2, she doesn't have her wits about her, she shouted, as if Aran might bring the fish to her on the perch, lol, and you can see she's just leaving it in the top right, far too late:

Now we get the ring numbers:

There's been a bit of a standoff between the two sisters, now KC4 is eating and KC2 standing aside forlornly.

It surely must be nap time here.

• Two just quietly chilling out

C BGGW

• In reply to patily:

It wasn't until 18:37 that KC2, annoyed by the Ravens, flew off, leaving KC2 standing over the remains of her fish (mullet?) and she flew a minute later.  Empty nest since then.

So KC2 got nothing to eat after all that waiting.

• In reply to scylla:

scylla said:

It wasn't until 18:37 that KC2, annoyed by the Ravens, flew off, leaving KC4 standing over the remains of her fish (mullet?) and she flew a minute later.  Empty nest since then.

So KC2 got nothing to eat after all that waiting.

Sorry about last evening's garbled post.

I saw that someone said KC2 got the tailend but she did not.

This is her nearer the cam about to fly:

And this is KC4 flying with tailend:

That was the end of osprey action for the night, apart from flashes of flyabout shortly after.

• In reply to scylla:

14 August

Firstin was KC3 and he got a small whole fish, he flew with it right away:

YAY !!!

Cam threw a wobbly, this is the only other view but at least it shows KC2 making off with her fish :)

08:45 micro-flyby:

Can't do any better on this one a minute later:

I can't ID this guy, who hovered for 2 seconds:

That's up to 11:13.

• Chaffie I think Scylla - hope it's slightly cooler in the metropolis today.
  • In reply to Cirrus:

Cirrus said:
    Chaffie I think Scylla - hope it's slightly cooler in the metropolis today.

I thought Chaffie too, CIRRUS, thanks!  And thanks, yes it's not nearly so bad today, at least the fans are not blowing hot air

==========

KC2 returned, on guard:

That's why:

After she'd polished off the corvids did a real intruder turn up?

(Very short.)