Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 July 2020

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Stay healthy, all.

--------------------------------

Here's a repeat of my post at the end of last week's thread:

Hi, folks. I'm late in posting this, but for all of you who are still around tonight (4 July): 

HAPPY FULL MOON and LUNAR ECLIPSE!

The moon turns full at:

5:44 a.m. tomorrow morning (5 July) in U.K.
12:44 a.m. tonight in Indiana
11:44 a.m. tonight (July 4) in Iowa
9:44 a.m. tonight (July 4) in California 
2:14 p.m. on July 5 in Adelaide, Australia

ALSO: a Penumbral Lunar Eclipse is visible (July 4-5) in the U.S. and also in the U.K. Go to this link to find the times that the eclipse begins, reaches maximum, and ends in your area. Just insert your city in the search box in the right column to see your own local times. SEE HERE

Everyone have a good evening!!!

• dibnl - sounds like you had a great day.

Talking of knee problems. Since my op now a few years ago, knee is still numb in places and a bit stiff like. About 3 weeks ago my other knee started playing up, not sure whether I've stretched the tendons or what. Its the inside of the knee as it bends and is extremely tender, aches a lot, and is uncomfortable keeping me up at times. Not sure what to do as loath to go to the docs. OK when resting but at times it plays up then too. Oh well, will have to grin and bear it unless I can pinpoint the problem by looking it up on the net.

Weather kind today and a full day's cricket went ahead. OH sat and watched it all day.

Have a good weekend all.
  • Diane: I've often had that feeling that I wish I could just sleep until this year is over and done with. But then, I tell myself that in effect, I am, as we have not been going anywhere! Thank you for your concern, and all, but I will not be showing my OH your words as he would be horrified that I had discussed it on here. He is very private.

OG: Sue didn't actually ask for our help, but when I saw her message that she was coping without hot water I naturally, told him, and he was on the phone and down there within an hour. She is duly grateful. She has two strapping great sons and although they are very caring in lots of ways she would no more ask for their help than fly to the moon. Once, she fell off a ladder & hurt her leg, changing a light fitting because she wouldn't ask anyone to help!

Uamh: Lovely pic of the chicks. They are so hard working, feeding their brood. I don't know where they get the energy from.

We are now ready to go & visit our Youngest tomorrow, to give little Rosie her birthday presents. Then on Monday we hope to get off to Wales at last - there was finally an announcement today that they will allow it. We will be taking as much food as possible to minimise shopping when there, although we will need to buy fresh milk at some point.
  • Lindy: I hope you have wonderful visit with your family. I know you've missed them so much. Have a safe trip to Wales and enjoy your time there!

• Yesterday’s new cases in Victoria the highest in Aussieland since covid began. They say it will get worse before better as we wait for results from lockdown. In Melbourne 5 million people only allowed out for essentials and now they say they should wear masks if they can’t social distance. However Queensland has opened its borders (except anyone from VIC) and there is a flood of “grey nomads” heading there for the sunshine.

I have been feeling down this week, so good to read all your news, chatter, rants to distract me. Thank you Friends.

• Make your home as comfortable and attractive as possible and then get on with living. There's more to life than decorating. (Albert Hadley)

Decorate your home. It gives the illusion that your life is more interesting than it really is. (Charles M. Schulz)

My husband is for sale. (sign on house in quarantine in Portugal)

• Good Morning, and {{Big HUGS}} to AQ. We all have times when it gets too much. I think when you're not <ahem> too young any more, like a few of us on here, you're more conscious of the fact that we have only so many summers left to go and do the things we enjoy. But all this will pass. I too, am grateful for the friendship on here especially at the moment.

Love your quotes for today! Wonder if Annette will like the decorating ones, as she is now on the home straits for her fresh new look.

Must go & get clean, ready for our trip south today.
  • Lindy Looks like you are going to have a good few days, first of all family and then Wales.
  • Sitting in now, waiting for the new washing machine to arrive. At the start of all this my OH remarked that now was not the time for any major appliances to break down. Well, that was asking for trouble, wasn't it? Tuesday, I put the machine on a short wash and an hour later it was on the same cycle. Think It must be 5 years old, so after a chat with a local engineer, we decided a new machine was the way to go. Oh is now talking about a new TV - ours is not a smart tv but as it is still working I am loathe to get a new one. We'll see!!
  • Morning all;   Thanks all for chats and pix.   Painters gone; house now fresh and bright.  Floors coming in 27th, so will prepare myself to lose more bills and generally be more discombobulated than at present.  I went out in the garden when everyone left - around 1:30 pm - put up lounger, got a book, started to nod off - but then the neighbor decided it was the afternoon to bring out his power trimmer, lawn mower and blower.  He doesn't have a large back yard and I couldn't figure out why the blower was going for so long.  I told my OH I could've raked up whatever it was in less than half the time he spent wandering around turning the darn thing on and off.   OH and I collapsed on the couch last evening with a pizza and wine and are being very lazy this morning.

AQ: It does all get a bit much doesn't it?  These days I tend to feel more easily overwhelmed by things and I really do blame That Awful Man - it's like living with a constant headache. I find the virus much less distressing.  Still, this too shall pass.  (It will pass, won't it!?)   :-)

Lindybird:  Hope today's visit was wonderful and it must be so nice to be able to escape to Wales. I wonder if the campground will be busy.

On the bright side, it looks like Ms. D will be coming with daughter and granddaughter on their super-quick visit next week and Ms D may stay on for the week.  Not sure yet.  I just saw that our zoo is still open (for some reason the Governor's recent closure orders don't apply to it), but now we have to make reservations because they're restricting the number of visitors.  That would be a nice outing.  We've been there several times and it's never been that crowded....

I'm going to putter over to Trader Joe's to pick up a few staples, then home for a quiet day.  Can't believe it's Saturday already.

• Strange Day – very warm, but no sign of the sun, and even a drizzle for half an hour at breakfast time. Tomorrow is expected to be dry too. So OH is doing a full watering around the garden right now. J has been feeling “off” all day and got worse when I suggested fresh air and exercise! I have been preparing herbs for the freezer.

UAMH – nice to see the babies in the shed being fed!

LYNETTE – I expect the second knee will be same as the first – with extra wear and tear from when the first one was recovering. I am sure you would be safe going to the Doc – they all have special arrangements these days.

LINDA – I saw the announcement which will allow you to go to Wales – have a wonderful time. I hope journeys went well today and that you had a lovely time with the birthday girl!

AQ – sorry you feel so down – not like you to say that, so you must be badly affected. I do hope the next week will be a better one, and that Victoria will keep its problems to itself! I agree it would all be so much harder without the support from one another on here.

ANNETTE – wow, that was a quick painting job! Sorry you didn’t get the hoped-for rest in the garden due to neighbour’s machinery. Will be nice to have Ms D stay on a while – but how will you get her back to AZ with the floor people due? Hope you can get to the zoo.

More sunshine here now than earlier in the day!