Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 July 2020

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Stay healthy, all.

--------------------------------

Here's a repeat of my post at the end of last week's thread:

Hi, folks. I'm late in posting this, but for all of you who are still around tonight (4 July): 

HAPPY FULL MOON and LUNAR ECLIPSE!

The moon turns full at:

5:44 a.m. tomorrow morning (5 July) in U.K.
12:44 a.m. tonight in Indiana
11:44 a.m. tonight (July 4) in Iowa
9:44 a.m. tonight (July 4) in California 
2:14 p.m. on July 5 in Adelaide, Australia

ALSO: a Penumbral Lunar Eclipse is visible (July 4-5) in the U.S. and also in the U.K. Go to this link to find the times that the eclipse begins, reaches maximum, and ends in your area. Just insert your city in the search box in the right column to see your own local times. SEE HERE

Everyone have a good evening!!!

• Thank you :) I would never have worked that out.
  • Me neither! But it sounds like a lovely place to live.
  • Diane:  Ah yes, Ed Morrow was back in the days of radio when the whole country listened (and later watched Walter Cronkite et al) en masse each evening and got more or less the same info from the three major networks.  Now there's a channel for every wretched point of view and it's all personalities and spin....  Grumble, mutter, scowl, harrumph!  :-))   

It's been a crazy day here. I thought my head would explode at point.  OH just came back from a ride in his car and I'm running away to the beach to stare at the ocean for an hour.  Meanwhile, wine is chilling!

• Never finish anything you haven't started.

Don’t stress the could haves. If it should have, it would have.

Don't believe everything you think. (bumper sticker)

I have no idea what is happening today. Let’s improvise as we go along. (Fred Basset cartoon)

• Good Morning All. I usually apply that last idea, AQ - no idea what's going on, domestically or nationally, either!!

Dull here but not actually raining. Going to "do my roots" as hair is all colours now. Trying to get used to feeling it waving around on my head, not used to feeling movement as it must be over 25 years since I had it this long!

Hope that things go well today for Annette. The painters do sound as if they're getting on with the job. Keep an eye on the final result! It's the same here, I think things have changed since the TV output became so fragmented and everyone is not seeing/listening to the same broadcasts.

Off to get porridge, look out suitcase I use for Wales, and find something to read whilst hair colour stuff does its magic!

• Good morning - woke up early (as well as 1am and 3:30am) – very useful as washing machine person could arrive soon after 8am – or maybe just after 11am! Actually felt I had a good night’s sleep. And it has rained on our treated grass so that should work better.
    This thread seems to have gotten busier in the afternoon and evening, so am being careful to use Word and copy so this doesn’t float off into the wide blue yonder!

DIANE – no need to apologise to me, and don’t beat yourself up over sounding negative – you are having a seriously hard time right now! It sounded as if I happened upon just the right time to be there.

LINDA – seems Matthew had a lucky escape with his injury. As for your finger, glad it was not worse, but butchers do say a sharp knife is safer than a blunt one (am always reminding E-E of that one!) Good to see you two and Bonnie had a good walk, with nothing nasty picked up by the four-legged one. Hope you can get over to Wales next Monday – I believe the weather could be quite good for you – but is Rosie having a birthday already? Doesn’t seem long since you were awaiting her arrival! I think that last quote from AQ could be my motto – with the addition that I probably don’t even know what day it is! Have you tried to make a hairdresser appointment yet? Seems the date for ours starting up will be going ahead, so only about two weeks to wait for our appointment – I am going to ask OH to take before and after photos of my curly mop! I am sure you will feel more normal now that you can plan the packing for Wales.

(pause for breakfast)

UAMH – good to welcome you to this chat. Lovely wee Swallows! Sounds as if you live in a lovely place!

ANNETTE – agree with you about number of networks and channels, and so much opinion rather than reporting! Hope the time at the beach helped clear your head – ready for today.

“No idea what is happening today ----” but I think I can meet it head on!
  • Tried to post pics of our walk y'day but it just wasn't happening.

OG- Rosie was one on Monday, but it was too wet for us to go on the day before with our presents. I can't believe it either! She is now walking, if held by the hands.

Not even attempting to get my hair cut, may grow it for a while. May look for a new hairdresser later, anyway - my usual lady has probably retired as she has a bad chest, so can't risk being in the salon herself.

• Bonnie in full flight when called back for a dog treat!