Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 July 2020

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Stay healthy, all.

--------------------------------

Here's a repeat of my post at the end of last week's thread:

Hi, folks. I'm late in posting this, but for all of you who are still around tonight (4 July): 

HAPPY FULL MOON and LUNAR ECLIPSE!

The moon turns full at:

5:44 a.m. tomorrow morning (5 July) in U.K.
12:44 a.m. tonight in Indiana
11:44 a.m. tonight (July 4) in Iowa
9:44 a.m. tonight (July 4) in California 
2:14 p.m. on July 5 in Adelaide, Australia

ALSO: a Penumbral Lunar Eclipse is visible (July 4-5) in the U.S. and also in the U.K. Go to this link to find the times that the eclipse begins, reaches maximum, and ends in your area. Just insert your city in the search box in the right column to see your own local times. SEE HERE

Everyone have a good evening!!!

• Oh Heather, that is so unfair. You were quite right to remove him from your premises. People do try to take advantage of single women, particularly those over 21. I'm sure there will be another person only to happy to help you by mowing, and will probably do a far better job at a more reasonable rate. My lovely lady gardener (who I haven't seen since before lockdown) charges me £10 an hour, four or five times a year, and keeps my little patch beautifully under control. I'm sure she would be glad to help you out - apart from the distance involved!
  • Exactly, PAT. He spent less than 20 minutes here mowing and doing the edges in a less than perfect fashion using a strimmer. Then blew all the bits away. I'm quite convinced that is why so many weeds,appeared, the seeds were probably brought in on his machinery.
  • Sorry you've had to have an unpleasant task, Heather. I'm sure you can find someone who charges a more reasonable amount.

Drizzle here just about all morning. My OH came home early from golf, after playing only14 holes and not enjoying it much. He's now gone off, all excited, to have a haircut!
  • Day lilies. They're more orange than this, a rich gold really.

• This was the 1st one out, in the sunshine last week but with raindrops too!

• The view of the whole clump of crocosmia at present.

• Morning all:  Painters got a lot DONE yesterday, not DOWN.  My brain is ahead of my fingers (or maybe it's behind).  Apparently OG isn't the only one with network issues.   Painters here and using a power tool of some sort down the hall.  Now the city has arrived with a pneumatic drill and backhoe to dig up the sidewalk in front of a neighbor's house.  Lots of noise, augmented by neighborhood dogs who don't like their mornings disturbed.  This too shall pass.

AQ:  I remember seeing "The Colditz Story" way back when.  Your book is the first I've heard about an Italian version. What a shame about Melbourne - it only takes a few idiots to mess things up for everyone else.

Bravo Heather!  We don't need those kinds of favors.  His attitude reminded me of the guy from the cable company who, when my OH went to unscrew a switch plate from the wall while he 'supervised' through the window, made a remark about letting the men take care of it.  Grrrr.  

Lindybird: That last photo is my favorite. What's the pink bush behind the crocodiles?  :-)

Take care everyone.

• Annette: Its a rambling rose, in full bloom at present but not liking all this rain.
  • Did I post earlier today?  have I really lost the plot – need to look back cos I don’t know at all!

Looks like I didn’t – I wonder what I did do?  Anyway, I am here now.  Been waiting for the promised rain all day because OH treated the grass again on Monday.  Long story: when he did it before the spreader broke and it was all very uneven, so he ordered a new one and did it East to West instead of the previous North to South – guess we shall now have a tartan lawn!  No rain – and tomorrow’s has been postponed to the evening.

More decisions this evening – we all sat together to decide what programmes to delete from the recorder as, although it was not full, there was just too much to watch!  Half the number on there now!

HEATHER – sorry abut the Gardener experience, but you have done the right thing.  Good luck replacing him – maybe one of your Daughters can make a recommendation.

LINDA – we allegedly got rid of our Crocosmia (“Lucifer”) two years ago, because it was so invasive, but this year some leftover corms got strong and brave and appeared in other plants so we are giving it another chance in a corner where we think it will have to stay put!

ANNETTE – it sounds horribly noisy at your house today – I even covered my ears when OH grated a carrot at teatime!

Golden Day Lily (now seem to be fading to Apricot).  Taken last month.

Red ones - today