LOCH OF THE LOWES - APRIL 2020

Link to march-2020

Webcam page with links to LotL Visitor Centre and Wildlife Reserve FB, Twitter and Blogs >>>

https://scottishwildlifetrust.org.uk/things-to-do/watch-wildlife-online/loch-of-the-lowes-webcam/

All captures and videos ©Scottish Wildlife Trust/Loch of the Lowes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laddie (LM12) returned at 15:33 on 21st March > 

scottishwildlifetrust.org.uk/2020/03/lm12-is-back-at-loch-of-the-lowes/

Scottish female NC0 arrived on the nest 28th March. Her info here >

scottishwildlifetrust.org.uk/2020/03/the-new-bird-on-the-block/

It is with much regret to report that Lassie (LF15) did not return 

• Osprey chipping on nest.

IMAGICAT

• Morning all,
    Laddie paid a quick visit to the nest 8:20 He flew in from the left

Defending but nothing else seen

Off he went

©SWT/LotL

• scylla said:
    Osprey chipping on nest.

There was definitely another bird around but I couldn't see it:

IMAGICAT

• Amazingly good even for next year, sigh. Thank you Sandra and Scylla .... excellent shot of the flying EG !

Oh Laddie boy, it should have been so much better for you. But, it seems NC0 is no loss - someone much better for you

• Unknown said:
    Oh Laddie boy, it should have been so much better for you. But, it seems NC0 is no loss - someone much better for you

Has NC0 gone? I think she last was seen on the nest on 19 April? (Sandra's pictures). It's interesting that both she and he have been defending the nest. Would they still do that if they had a second/frustration nest? We're well past the usual date for first egg aren't we? Maybe she's laid on the second nest?. Maybe they're just hanging around together this year if she's a first timer, and will return next year to breed. On the other hand, if they've been seen mating, and no egg yet, maybe there are fertility problems? What we need is someone to answer all our questions. I'll ask Siri.

• Korky - I have Siri switched off, but if you get the answers to the above I will most definitely turn him back on LOL
  • Korky, without any update from LotL I don't think anyone can say whether NC0 is still around, whether there is another nest (with or without eggs), if she & Laddie are still "together" or whatever. Ian
  • I have not the faintest idea if Laddie and NC0 are still together or not, am just hanging in there hoping there will be positive developments - it's getting rather late for this nest tho :(

Packing-up time here, g'night :)

IMAGICAT

• No-one seen or heard (the latter, from a skip-thru from pre-dawn to daycam).

IMAGICAT

• It's sad that there's no life on the Lowes nest. Or the Garten one (as far as we know). When I think of all the pleasures that these 2 nests have given us all over the years - the joys, heartbreaks, egg laying, hatchings, fledgings, farewells, arrivals etc etc.  Lady, EJ, Odin and plenty of others (even George...!). Maybe next year.

But we should be content that there are now plenty of other nests and successful ones too this year, in Scotland, Wales and England. (I'm not going to name them all because the last time I tried to do that, I missed some out and got into trouble...)

Anyhow, just contemplate the beauty of an unoccupied osprey nest, and a lovely morning in Perthshire

(c) SWT Loch of the Lowes