Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 February 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope you all have a wonderful week! I'm thinking of all of you in the monster Storm Dennis. I hope you all stay safe and secure! Take care, everyone.

• Great news, Harelady. That was a lovely quick labour, and good to hear mother and baby are both doing well. I'm sure James will be delighted with his new sister. Nice weight as well - not too enormous (says the mother of a 10lb 2oz girl many years ago!).

Horrible day here as well, with lots of drizzly rain and a very chilly wind. This weather is so depressing … and there seems to be no end to it. Not surprised your OH's golf club is closed, Lindy. The ground is absolutely sodden. Like the poem, by the way. It's interesting this year to see snowdrops, crocus and daffodils all out at the same time - guess it's another sign of climate change.

Sorry for lack of detailed responses. A manic couple of days, but I'm sort of on schedule … ish! Tomorrow, when I don't have anything scheduled, should allow me to catch up with myself before the weekend. Plenty to do to get there, but no pressing outside appointments. Hooray!
  • Brilliant news Harelady. Another grandchild! I hope they choose a pretty name :-) She was indeed lucky to have such a short labour - better for both her and baby. Congratulations!
  • Lovely poem, Lindy.

Spring is on the way but again the weather over the next few days is mixed. We had cloud, rain, bright sunshine , breeze, although no snow. No wonder people are going down with viruses and colds and coughs, this weather is breeding them. We really could do with some cold crisp mornings for about a fortnight to kill them off but it doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon..

AQ - what a lovely old building.

Sadly today we heard from my Sister-in Law that Tony had passed away in the early hours of the morning. We will of course be going up to Nottingham again for the funeral. OH is the surviving brother of the three now.
  • Harelady - pleased to hear all went well and that baby has arrived safely. Lovely to have a sister for James.
  • Sorry to hear of your loss, Lynette - my condolences to you and your husband. It all seemed to happen very fast, how sad.
  • Lynette: Sorry to hear about your BiL.  What a shame......

Very busy couple of days ahead - am helping friend with husband's memorial service and it' getting complicated.....  

Thanks all for posts (and poems!).  Take care.

• Good Morning. Another grey and drizzly day here.

My OH is getting his paintbrush out again, but we prefer to get house jobs done in winter so that we can enjoy ourselves in summer. I've got plenty to do, as didn't get a half done of what I wanted to do, yesterday!
  • Lynette, so sorry to hear about your brother in law. It's never easy …

Grey and breezy with sunny intervals here this morning, but supposed to be dry all day. First time for ages!! Nose to grindstone today, staring at the computer screen … but it would be nice to think I could somewhere find a few minutes to stretch my legs and walk around to see what damage has been done over the last couple of weeks. Longish cross-country drive on Sunday, so hoping for no more rain!

Have a good day, all.
  • Quiet on here today, hope everyone is OK.

It's been a very wet day, alright. We've got a few things done but now it's chaotic again, stuff everywhere as I try to sort out the bottom of a wardrobe. Have put an unworn suit which I doubt I'll ever put on my back now, in the hall with two encyclopedias and a stuffed dog! Another trip to the charity shop...

I thought of a ten minute ditty about Pancake Day whilst cleaning the oven - will post it here next Tuesday :-)
  • Hi to all
    Sorry haven't been on here for a couple of days, will catch up tomorrow!