'FORUM FRIENDS, WILDLIFE-FROM-WHEREVER' (Off-season, all cams off at Loch Garten)

OK I'll start this off. Czech Republic jays and a red squirrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsXWkp1_BM

• Boreal Ontario

I think this was a "golden" female Pine Grosbeak - I've seen similar posted by Cornell from this feeder, but not nearly the same:

Manton Bay

2 nights ago, 3 Cormorants overnight, then a corvid joined them in the morning, calm as anything!  (Tonight, just one all night.)

Ohio feeder

Incidentally, Scott has issued lots of tips about running feeders - including how to deter squirrels, but his ground feeder is completely dominated by them for long periods.

Lotsa Blue Jays! 

IMAGICAT

• Boreal Ontario

Flying Squirrels:

Ruffed Grouse again - ultra-gorgeous bird, IMHO.  (I didn't post my last vdeo here, out of pity for you, but have succumbed today.)

An immature male Pine Grosbeak with subtle markings, followed by the first Cowbird I've notcied this season:

Ohio Backyard

Bedraggled young Skunk

IMAGICAT

• Talk about being spoiled for choice!! Thank you so much Scylla
  • Thank you Scylla for the never ending videos, you put such a lot of time and effort into these and the picture and posts, always appreciated. Purple heartHugging

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Scylla, I wonder if one of the birds in one video may have been a female or immature Evening Grosbeak, not a Pine Grosbeak, a bird with a greyish head unlike the rusty head of female Pine Grosbeaks. As for the Hawk, I'd have to consult my US birder friend...no promises though!

Kind regards, Ann

• Unknown said:
    I wonder if one of the birds in one video may have been a female or immature Evening Grosbeak

I expect you mean this one, GB:

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if you're right!  Looking at it in the cold light of day (except it's gone 2 o'clock in the morning Blush) ...  The yellow bill should have been a strong pointer, I can't think what swayed me to Pine Thinking

There was a YouTuber who used to assist with and correct a lot of my Starr Ranch California IDs, he was amazing despite being based over the other side of the country in Connecticut, I think.  I've messaged him via a comment on one of his videos but the last time I did that, a few years ago, he ignored me.

Thank you very much for taking an interest (((GB)))

IMAGICAT

• Manton Bay

Who were they in such a hurry to get away from?

Aha!  That was quick - response from expert bird ID-er on YouTube:

I've dropped a hint that I'd like more info.

OHIO FEEDERS

IMAGICAT

• Hi Scylla, have sent you PM!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• WendyBartter said:
    Hi Scylla, have sent you PM!

You know me so well, alerting me to your msg here Grin 

What a coincidence that the Barn Owl Trust is involved - I was going to post this good news which a UK member posted on Starr Ranch.

Thank you, Wendy Kissing closed eyes 

IMAGICAT

• Boreal Ontario

Dark-eyed Junco?

IMAGICAT