'FORUM FRIENDS, WILDLIFE-FROM-WHEREVER' (Off-season, all cams off at Loch Garten)

OK I'll start this off. Czech Republic jays and a red squirrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsXWkp1_BM

• Just seen some footage of a stag running along the Glenfinnan viaduct in front of a train. See link below. Ian
    www.bbc.co.uk/.../stag-spotted-running-across-glenfinnan-viaduct
  • Unknown said:
    Where's the cougar Scylla?

It was at Starr Ranch, Cirrus!

https://youtu.be/9WNWGR9QF3s

IMAGICAT

• Glad that Scottish train drivers have patience - and a flexible timetable? ;)  Thanks, IAN, that was great!

Ohio

Deer - one has (what looks like) badly injured hind legs:

I can't get a clearer shot of the poor deer's hind legs - it looks as tho there's bone sticking out on the right leg, but the left knee also looks damaged:

Cat followed a little while later, didn't even look at the seed trays:

Plenty rabbits before and after the deer.

+/- 07:30 the trays were given a major makeover, tons of seeds & nuts, plus the leftover slab and block from above - a single squirrel had plenty of time to enjoy before the competition arrived:

The black squirrels are a bit scared of the greys, but this one got 10 minutes all to itself until an unseen threat made it flee:

First flock:

A squirrel tried to cart away the block but couldn't:

Greedy!

Nasty Blue Jay bullied a House Sparrow:

Starlings had spats (that's a Red-winged Blackbird at the rear tray but one can't show all essential features in the same shot!):

Not as many Northern Cardinals as usual, but most of the regular birds were there.

IMAGICAT

• Ohio cont'd

There was a rain break and then they came flooding back in:

Some of the early birds at the (newly stocked) upstairs feeder Blue Jay, N Cardinal (there was a female as well but she partially hid), BC Chickadee, Purple Finch, Woodpecker than I can't stop to ID, it was male, the red patch has got cut off by the random collage maker), Goldfinches, accidentally in twice.

Brunch break.

IMAGICAT

• The Carolina Wren was stretching to eat from below - later it realised that side access would be easier but I couldn't get a good shot of that:

Unusual to see a Woody feeding at the tray:

There have been several Red-winged Blackbirds:

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:
    Deer - one has (what looks like) badly injured hind legs

Gosh. I'm amazed the deer still seems to be putting weight on it?

Good selection of wildlife at this spot

• Amazing footage on the DOC/Cornell twitter feed of the NZ albatross having her egg checked for a pip by the ranger.
    www.allaboutbirds.org/.../
  • Unknown said:
    Amazing footage on the DOC/Cornell twitter feed of the NZ albatross having her egg checked for a pip by the ranger.

I couldn't find it on that page, KORKY, but found one by Lady Hawk, which I hope is correct :)

Yes, amazing <3

IMAGICAT

• Some sessions from the lovely Czech feeder :)

This squirrel looked as tho its tail and ears had been singed :o

Male and female Great Spotted Woodpeckers:

Plenty females about, I believe the males service several, I only see one prowling in the background at any time ;)

Mouse with perfect ears :)

IMAGICAT