'FORUM FRIENDS, WILDLIFE-FROM-WHEREVER' (Off-season, all cams off at Loch Garten)

OK I'll start this off. Czech Republic jays and a red squirrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsXWkp1_BM

• So sad to hear of your troubles CC ... stay strong xx
  • CC, So sorry about your two tragedies. Dealing with them one at a time is awful enough and two at once is worse, unless, as you say, one is distracting you from the other. You will be in my thoughts and I imagine in those of everyone else on this thread. As some used to say in the 60s, 'Keep on keeping on'!'
  • CC, I am so sorry to read about your dear friend and your relationship problems. It is so hard to have to deal with something major, let alone have two very hard things to try and cope with at the same time. I can only add to what the others have said and say, try and stay strong, get your courage and strength from somewhere and keep on going, however hard it is. We are all here, thinking about you, so just you pop in and out when you feel that you can and we will try and cheer you up. CL x
  • Hi CC, really sorry to read your sad news. Sending you strength, good wishes and a virtual shoulder. Lisa
  • There was sad news from the Bald Eagle Nest in SW Florida, Harriet and M15’s little eaglet died overnight. I’ll try to post the links but not too good at that so bear with me. The fabulous CROW rehab Center retrieved its remains earlier today to determine cause of death but the thought is that the poor little thing got entangled with a fish hook.

https://youtu.be/vpnhk43GAVk

https://youtu.be/fVgBDra7KBo
  • Unknown said:
    I get these informative e-mails periodically and thought I'd share this one (I hope this is the correct forum for doing so).
    www.10000birds.com/puerto-ricos-birds-after-hurricane-maria.htm

What a wonderful piece of research, thanks for sharing Lisa. It gives some hope that species can recover but of course, should not distract our efforts from doing what we can to play a part in the climate change/biodiversity challenges.

• Unknown said:
    There was sad news from the Bald Eagle Nest in SW Florida, Harriet and M15’s little eaglet died overnight

Oh no, oh no! I am just home to this terrible news and feel so sad. I've watched this nest for a number of years but haven't been able to look in these last few days. I'm afraid I can't watch the videos but thank you for sharing the links anyway. I'm gutted.

• Here's an update from CROW's Facebook page

• To cheer myself up, here's the latest video from the NZ albatross cam. Wonderful close ups of the male, incubating, whilst his mate is away feeding. I wonder if she'll be back in time for hatching?

• Thank you to everyone for their recent contributions - so varied, some so sad Cry

I did know about E14 and had uploaded a couple of videos but didn't get around to posting here.  Thanks for posting Lady Hawk's :)

Unknown said:
    My friends here are a balm to me

That's good to hear (((CC))) but I'm sorry that we're needed to be,  What an awful 'coincidence' of upsets concerning people you've been close to for so long, and I'm sure you can't see an end to the sadness at the moment :(

===========================

The Stump cam is down.

Ohio

You can't blame me for confusing American Crows with Grackles, lol ;)

Another injured Mourning Dove?  This one's fine, tho, I think - that's the breeze lifting its feathers:

This squirrel jumped from the 'teal' feeder behind, down on top of the squirrel underneath, and like lightning towards the cam:

This squirrel seems furrier-fingered than ones I'm more familiar with - or is it just the colour?  I'm not sure what kind of squirrel this is - grey/brown?

The children and the family dog helped with yesterday's feeder-filling:

20 minutes later the cat came along:

It was back twice evening/early hours:

SYDNEY PEREGRINES

The live stream is black.  Via rollback I found Diamond(?) against a rather 'misty' hinterland :'(