Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 27 October 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON! 

The new moon (the dark moon) is Sunday. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

• The times I've done that, Heather.... and its just sooo annoying.
  • Heather - Whenever I type anything to post here, I 'copy' it into the memory before I press 'Reply'. If it posts successfully, I can just ignore what's in the buffer - if not, I can try again. It does save losing anything. Just an idea ...

Lindy - Your grandchildren are delightful. Glad you were able to share the birthday celebrations. The chocolate cheesecake sounds interesting - although I'm not a lover of any sort of chocolate cake, I wouldn't mind trying a bit! I do like cheesecake ...

Diane/Annette - You are having awful weather and fire damage over there. Hope both your situations improve very soon - stay safe. I have a friend who lives in Monteray - she is OK, but has been warned of possible power cuts if the wind changes. Her son, who lives in a remote location somewhere near her, has been having power cuts. Yesterday I watched the programme about the fires which wiped out Paradise- so scary. Particularly the fact that the roads just couldn't cope with those trying to evacuate the area.

Lynette - Bad news that your cataract procedure couldn't go ahead. I do hope you get a new date very soon - difficult when you have geared yourself up for something and then it just doesn't happen.

Beautiful sunshine so far today, but chilly. Heavy frost last night. Here comes winter ...!
  • LYNETTE I was asked in my assessment if I was ok to lie flat. What a shame you weren't advised of this beforehand. It would have saved you getting pre op stressed as well as time for all involved. I hope you get a new date soon.
  • LYNETTE - agree with DIBNLIB - a shame that you weren't asked at assessment. Hope that you will get another appointment soon.
    LINDY - super pics x I could just eat a home made sausage roll, right now!
    ANNETTE - the news about the fires is not good. Winemakers will surely suffer financially?
    PAT - Yes, I should copy, This kind of thing happens to me quite often as I use a desktop and three tablets. Two tablets are getting ancient and won't last much longer.
    Regards to everyone.
  • Good afternoon - trying to catch up again. Nice day yesterday and we went to church in the morning – a rather staid traditional service. Had a pleasant chat afterwards with the lady who had “chauffeured” the visiting preacher. OH was in the garden in the afternoon – can’t remember what I was doing! He came in and cooked a really good pork dinner.

Woke up to our first frost this morning – with bright sunshine. New term started, so J went to work. I had my bloods appointment – not too often since it reverted to every three months, and Phlebotomist and I wished each other a Happy Christmas! After lunch, man came to investigate why the oven thermostat isn’t cutting out. He thinks the printed circuit board must have been damaged by the original fault, so is ordering a new one – wondering whether we shall have his next visit before going away next week! At least we now know what we dare put on a shopping list for tomorrow, with limited appliances available.

DIANE – thanks for the new week and new moon. I hope the windy weather has gone past now, and that you won’t have any more power outages disrupting your work.

ANNETTE – good to see that you took time out this weekend after your Daughter’s visit and the trouble with her car. (Although I see garden work tempted you later!)

AQ – So, still no wiser about the house to be built n the vacant plot with the pool; you’ll have to keep driving home that way to keep us updated!

LINDA – You were certainly busy with the birthday baking – glad the cheesecake turned out well. Nice Kiddipics of the grandchildren – was Tomasz busy elsewhere? Not good about your journey home – maybe you both need to keep off the roads at night and stay over at Son’s house or somewhere nearby.

LYNETTE – sorry about the disappointment over the eye op – unusual for them not to ask about lying flat or to try to make you comfortable.

HEATHER – I was about to suggest copying your post and checking whether you are signed in, then I noticed it has already been suggested!

PAT – good suggestion for Heather! I hope your friend and her son will be safe from fires. A lovely crisp day here today – but I did wear my thick scarf and gloves to go out.

I think I should post before this gets any longer. Take care, everyone.
  • I wrote a four paragraph, long reply earlier. It wouldn't post whatever I did. I left it on the screen and then my tablet rebelled and deleted it. I've decided never to write more than a few lines in future, unless I'm using the desktop.

OG, I hope they can fix your oven, it must be very frustrating. We had frost over all the cars in the road last night.
  • Tomasz and Amber were waving madly out of an upstairs window when we arrived yesterday. He clumped around upstairs for a lot of the visit, coming down occasionally to look for things to eat. He cheered up when I produced two gingerbread bats of the spooky kind, (edit: shop bought) one each for him and Amber: Matthew doesn't care for cake and overly sweet things.

The cheesecake was very rich indeed, and I knew the children wouldn't want any. We've just finished it off tonight, and now I'm feeling very full!

• Annette - I'm not sure, all I do know is that lying down on that bed wasn't comfortable. Hopefully they are going to sort it out and I will hear again eventually when to go in. Its probably related to me sleeping sitting up now and somehow I can't tolerate the lying down position.

Heard the wildfires have got out of hand in California, do hope you are keeping safe and that they are some distance from you.

Diane - glad to hear that the power has been restored after your nasty storm.
  • same here. Write , post , and can't because I find I have to sign in again.

Dibnlib - I mentioned that I was slightly claustrophobic and also couldn't lie flat but was told, a - practice with a teatowel over your eyes and b, you have to lie flat so they can operate. Items of concern all in the paper they give you beforehand and which I read and took note. Its frustrating because I felt bad for taking precious operating time up. Apparently the surgeon I believe I am going to be referred to can do the operation in any "contorted" position and standing up. We await the next instalment of the saga. I also believe they will sedate me as well to relax me.

OG - they did try to make me comfortable on the special bed they use, patient with me and kind, but somehow I just could not get comfortable. I'm alright sitting up like in a recliner chair.

Lovely day down here, had the first slight ground frost, also one forecast for tomorrow.
  • There was to be no nanny duty this week as I have 6-month eye appt tomorrow. Then Dau phones this morn. MissJ sick on arrival at kindy, tummy bug? Anyway I am needed to kidsit this pm during kindy & school pickup. MissJ very upset as it is a special day; someone was coming and the children were going ride in a wheelchair. Ah, that’s life, full of disappointments.
    BTW I have to sign in every week.