Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 27 October 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON! 

The new moon (the dark moon) is Sunday. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

• ps the "cuddly outfit" is a sort of blanket for wrapping around you, but with a fun head covering and a set of claws on the monster version. There are several different outfits to choose from.
  • Thanks Diane for starting off another week.

Lindy - lovely to see your grandchildren.

Went in for cataract op but after being prepped and on the op table found it very uncomfortable to lie flat as my back became so painful - so used to sitting up sleeping. So op was abandoned and they are referring me to another consultant who will be able to operate standing up , also the possibility of sedation to help me. Watch this space for the next instalment in the saga. Felt awful though for taking precious operating time up but they were so understanding. Safety for me and the surgeon carrying out the op was foremost in their minds.

Lovely day down here, full of sunshine. Went over to d-in-laws for lunch. Came up trumps as usual.

• Lindybird: Very cute.  Amber (gosh, hope that's her name) is very pretty.  :-)

Lynette: Oh my, that must've been disappointing - and painful.  Whodathunkit!  Would you be able to sit down?  I forget what the problem with your back is.....

Lovely cool fall day here today, so I attacked a long bush behind house  - trimmed it back and then cut off all the super-high new growth of the last two months.  Came across a cute little bird's nest (abandoned) but left it intact and tucked into the branches in case someone comes looking for it in the spring!  :-)

• Unknown said:
    Diane, looks like you have some stormy weather heading your way (as do many in the UK). 

Annette: Violent wind storm arrived here last night with 60 mph winds (remnants of cyclone Olga, I think). At about 1:00 a.m., trees fell on the power lines somewhere and knocked out the electricity for 325 households, including me. Luckily, I had a flashlight right beside me. Many sweary words because I was trying to work. I reported the outage, and the company took about 4 hours to restore power. I hope you're okay. I see that your governor has declared a statewide emergency. I worry about you! Take care!!!

• Diane:  I was looking at the weather on the Wundermap - you guys seemed right in the middle of it.  Glad the power wasn't off any longer.   We really are fine here; it's been a cool-ish cloudy day.  We're very lucky.  

• Good Morning. Awoke early here, as brain still on the time we are used to (swearywords about change of BST). Foggy and cold here, minus 1 degrees.

Diane, sorry to hear about your power cut, how frustrating for you. Hope it doesn't affect you again, and that the bad winds have died down.

Annette, glad you're OK. Pictures here of the dreadful fires and reports of those in peril for a second time. Yes, it's Amber with baby Rosie. Rosie is very placid most of the time, but of course all the unusual visitors and noise in the house got to her eventually, and boy, does she have a loud baby wail!! LOL!!

We found the journey home hard work - I could tell my OH was struggling with the dark conditions and the heavy traffic on the motorway roadworks, but he wouldn't let me drive as he knows I'm even worse at seeing in night time conditions.
  • Lynette, sorry to hear that you've had your eye op postponed. Hope it can go ahead soon.
  • Lindy: The photos of your grandchildren are lovely! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit.
  • Thanks, Diane. Take care of yourself.
  • Oh heck, I wrote a long post before realising that I have been signed out again. I'll try and get back later, just taking a break from vine pruning and must get back to it before I start making excuses not to.