Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 October 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

Sunday the 13th is the full Hunter's Moon. It occurs just a few days after reaching apogee, the farthest point in the moon's orbit from earth. So, this will be "smallest" full moon of the year 2019. However, because of the point and direction that it will rise, some sources said that it will appear large and orange!

Everyone have a wonderful week. My area had its first frost of the season last night!

• OG, I've also seen this, but the Osprey is for outdoor display and the company is in the US State of Michigan:
    www.thewinfieldcollection.com/.../3D-Birds-Woodcraft-Patterns

Kind regards, Ann

• Evening all:   How nice that folks are looking for replacement ospreys for OG and I hope Lindybird is heartened by the sincere good wishes everyone is sending her way.  Seems like we chug along absorbing all kinds of life events and then one more thing happens and suddenly we're completely overwhelmed and wonder why  Anyway, hugs from California!

I have no drama to report. Spent the afternoon on my garden-downsizing plan, trying to ease a Chorizema Bush Flame out of the ground. It's been ailing all summer; I couldn't figure out why, but was hoping to move it to what I thought might be a better location.  When I went to investigate, found that our lovely Western Redbud tree had sent out a fat tough root that had grown right through the Bush Flame and also cut off the irrigation to it.  I spent about an hour tying to gently separate the roots of both plants but only managed to break off two large parts of the Bush Flame, pretty much destroying it.   ::-(   At this point, OH came puttering   out and suggested I think about expanding the brick patio, which would replace that part of the garden (less work!) but would have a cut out for the Western Redbud.   It's beginning to sound like a great idea - and it would also provide a shady place to sit (underneath the Redbud) in the summer.  A First World problem. :-)

I see that another crucial Brexit vote is due tomorrow.  

Take care everyone.

• LYNETTE Hope all goes smoothly with your cataract op. I had my 2nd this year with no problems...... I was in for my 2nd and all the others that morning were in for their first and they were way older than me. I had my first in my mid 50s!!!
  • Good Morning. We had a rude awakening at 5.00am, when our downstairs smoke alarm went off, and poor Bonnie, who hates the noise, started howling! My OH went down and could see nothing amiss, so he took down the alarm from the ceiling, when it stopped.

I could smell something smokey, faintly, but then I have a nose like a bloodhound. It's possible that one of the neighbours had had an autumn bonfire in the garden and it was still smoking.

Hope all goes fine with your first cataract op, Lynette. My OH had a smooth time with both of his.

My OH has been working off his frustrations on repainting all the doors and skirting boards in the kitchen. Now looking nice and fresh. Ruby passed her MOT after her service yesterday, and we were then presented with a large bill!
  • Sorry about your Bush Flame bush, Annette. Hope your OHs idea can at least give you a better plan, with less maintenance.

Media here is full of today's political drama: everyone we speak to just wants it all over with now, and normal service resumed.
  • Have been thinking about you today, LINDY.
    ANNETTE - I like the idea of extending the brick patio and having a tree to sit under!
    OG - I hope that you managed a cooked breakfast today. At least you have the hob, I think.
    PAT - fingers crossed that the weather is good for your day out, we have had rain here today, on and off.
    LYNETTE/DIBNLIB - I must get my eyes tested. Well overdue and I was bothered by the lights in M,and S this morning.

Callum has been here for four hours, washing and cleaning his car in between the showers. Now he is away, he didn't eat as much as usual.....
  • LYNNETTE - hope your cataract op goes as well as my two - actual surgery is easy - and result is amazing - bright colour as you have never seen it before! You will be fine.

GARDENBIRDER - thanks for trying to help - I've been all over the web looking for an Osprey even similar to mine - still hope maker will turn up at one of the craft fairs again!

ANNETTE - your OH's garden idea seems sensible - hope you can find someone to come and do the hard work of laying patio extension.

LINDA - sorry you had such an abrupt start to the day - glad everything was okay. Pleased to see Ruby passed her test. Watched more political TV than ever before - beginning to wonder how they ever decide anything!

HEATHER - yes, it was a fried breakfast, and actually had similar yesterday as we had some leftover bacon which we would normally freeze, but had to eat it! Oven is now "fit to come home" as the man said - he is bringing it Thursday, when OH & J will be in Manchester. OH is annoyed about that as he loves to stand and watch and make sure people are doing it right! Callum certainly takes care of his car - four hours? wow!

J has more of a cold and cough than I have - he totally lost his voice this morning so has not been out today. Hoping he will be okay on Thursday for the pre-op voice check - I am assuming they will do a "before" graph of his voice oscillation for comparison after the surgery.
  • OG - I also looked online yesterday, like GARDENBIRDER. I do hope that you will be able to replace your osprey or maybe find a craftsman who can reproduce the stand.
    Callum wasn't cleaning his car f or the whole time, it kept raining. However, the neighbours have commented about his standard (!) of car cleaning. I suppose (hope) that he is just as fussy when fixing cars at the Audi workshop.....
  • OG, That's a beauty. And I can see how delicate the branch support is--such a shame that it was broken. If you ever find the maker, I expect many of us would also like to have one!

Kind regards, Ann